Konflict

Reaction score
I'm managing Arsenal, and I am currently in the 2012 Summer transfer window. I'm planning to strengthen my squad depth, and am looking for a new striker, since at the moment I only have four (Theo Walcott, Robin Van Persie, Khouma Babacar, and Maroune Chamakh.) I play the main formations I play are 4-3-2-1 (Three centre mids), 4-1-2-1-2 (No wingers, just two centre midfielders), 4-2-3-1 (No wingers, just attacking midfielders). I am flexible with the formation should I need to be; my assistant manager recommends for my team: 4-1-3-2, 4-2-2-2- or 4-5-1.

My full squad is:
Rene Adler (GK)
Wojech Szchesny (GK)
Mathies Maciel (GK - Regen Goalkeeper with 197 PA!)

Lucio (CB)
Thomas Vermaelean (CB)
Rapheal Varane (CB)
Phil Jones (CB)

Kieran Gibbs (LB)
Gael Clichy (LB)

Serge Aurier (RB)
Bacary Sagna (RB)

Alex Song (DM)
Yann M'Vila (DM/CM)

Moussa Sissoko (CM)
Cesc Fabregas (CM/AM)
Aaron Ramsey (CM)

Andrei Arshavin (AM)
Eden Hazard (AM)
Samir Nasri (AM)
Jack Wilshere (AM/CM - Retrained him to play CM to a natural level)

Robin Van Persie (FW)
Khouma Babacar (FW)
Theo Walcott (FW)
Maroune Chamakh (FW)

I also sometimes promote Ryo Miyachi (LW), Henri Lansbury (CM), Emmanuel Frimpong (DM), Francis Coquelin (DM), Chuks Aneke (AM), Benik Afobe (FW), Kyle Bartley (DC), Don Kilburn (CB - A regen) or Pedro Boelho (LB), into my senior team during cup matches or when I want to give the first team a rest.

I may sell Chamakh as he's still not blended into the squad and can't speak English yet after two seasons. Everyone else I bought (Varane, Aurier, M'Vila, Adler, Lucio, Sissoko, Hazard and a wonderkid goalkeeper regen) can already speak full English, after 1 season!

I have five physio's, so my players recover between matches very quickly (all the physios are world class.) I use Duncs training schedules, and my players rarely get injured during training. Only occassionally before the season starts after the holiday. The wonderkids (e.g Varane, Jones, Aurier) are used as my rotation players, and I rotate them with the first team players so they all get good amount of game time and get a rest.

So, I have narrowed down (sort of,) my strike targets to sign. Currently, i'm thinking of Pato, Aguero, Higuain, Muniain, Abel Hernandez, Cavani or Neymar for the striker position, and I may scout for a wonderkid regen striker should I let Chamakh go.

Man City are preparing a title bid under Arsene Wenger in my save, and they have signed Musacchio for 17mil and Pastore for 38.5mil, Alexis Sanchez for 16mil, Fabio Contreao for 13.5mil.

As I haven't made any transfers as I don't see a position where we are weak, I feel i am getting left behind City and maybe soon I may lose the crown I've held for two years.

Do you think my squad already has enough depth and quality? Can you recommend places where I can strengthen without overshadowing the development of my wonderkid players and the regen youth players with great potential? and which striker target is the best? Im willing to listen to any player, tactical, formation or any advice really! Thanks.

i think you do... to be honest i normaly have 2 players for each position then use my youngsters too.. that is always enough for me, depends how much you like to rotate though

I'd replace arshavin with a young prospect to rotate in for easier games. Maybe chamberlain if he's got a good PA on your save or you could go for instant big time player and go for Mata/granero/Elia. As they're all young somewhat. I'd get rid of Chamakh for sure and get a big bulky striker like llorente (often has contract expiring around your time period if I remember correctly) or maybe a more complete forward.

you have a good sqaud there mate: enough enthusiasm from the youngsters and enough experience from the slightly older players...

I would sell Chamakh and maybe Arshavinj and look at the following players:

Seydou Doumbia
- CSKA
Guillame Hourau - PSG
Thomas Muller - Bayern
Niko Kalincic - Blackburn
Peniel Mlapa - Hoffenheim
Dentinho - Corinthians
Welliton - Spartak Moscow
Ezequiel Lavezzi - Napoli
Tomas Necid - CSKA
Robert Acquafresca - Genoa
Nilmar - Villareal
Lucas - Sau Paulo
Willian - Shakthar
Arda Turan - Galatasary
Pablo Piatti - Almeria
Aiden Mcgeady - Spartak Moscow
Alan Dzagoev - CSKA
Yohan Mollo - Monaco
Marko Marin - Werder Bremen
Renato Augusto - Leverkeusen
Georgino Wijnaldum - Feyenoord
Giuliano - InternacionalLewis Holtby - Schalke
Matias Fernandez - Sporting
Christian Eriksen - Ajax
Barretto - Udinese/Bari co ownership
Bryan Ruiz - Fc Twente
Karim Ait Fana - Montpellier
Coutinho
- Inter

Great list Raikan! I'll scout them all soon. Would Douglas Costa do? He's gone to Man City in my save, but i'll see whether I can get him.
Lucas from Sau Paulo is already at Barca, and I've been wondering about signing Coutinho for some time now.

Also should I sign Pato or Abel Hernandez? By selling Chamakh, i'll buy another player similar to him but better, and will buy another striker so i have 5 strikers in total.

depends on how much they want, never tried Pato before and only bought Abel in Fm10...

see how much they want and weigh up the options, if Pato is only an extra 5-10m then rather get him, but if Hernandez is half his price much rather go for him :)

Douglas Costa is a good player, you will struggle to get him off City though :) you can always try

From personal experience, i could never find a role for Abel where he excelled. He was good but largely mediocre as big buys go. Pato is a supreme poacher, for my AC save, he netted 35 in 42 when played alongside a Target man on support. I think as far as value for money goes, Raikan has summed up your possibilities. Though I dare say I'd prefer a bigger name than Walcott, he is good but not world class in my opinion, much rather have a slightly less speedy more prolific player. Good luck.

Actually, in my first season Walcott scored 44 goals - beating Henry's record - both league and overall season goals. xD
I played him as a poacher alongside Van Persie who was an advanced forward.
The formation I used was 4-1-1-2-2, with Theo the right striker. Never failed to get a goal a game. He carries on that form now - sort of. But his finishing at times is awful, and I agree with you Sterling - he's not world class.
I bought Pato - 43mil, which is a lot but Palmero wanted 37mil for Abel Hernandez and he's not even on good scoring form yet.
I tried to get Douglas Costa, but as raikan said - it was impossible xD
Lucas, my second option, has already gone to Barcelona. I may keep Arshavin for another season - he got 15 assists and 7 goals in 24 games last season. Nothing compared to Eden Hazard though, who got 29 assists and 9 goals. A shame Eden's finishing is pitiful. Still, im scouting through Raikans list and finding the right person! The youngsters at the club are pretty good though, beat Valencia 6-0 with help from Van Persie, and beat inter 3-1, Chamakh made a difference there for once. xD