Striker always having goals disallowed for being offside?

Robbo

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else has experienced the same, but i currently have one striker with my Wrexham team (Jake Cassidy) who has had more goals disallowed for being offside than he has scored....does he need positioning training? is it role based (played as advanced forward)? Any tips to keep him onside?

Train the "Likes to try to beat offside trap" PPM ! ;)

Train the "Likes to try to beat offside trap" PPM ! ;)

Actually with that PPM a striker will be caught offside more. Once you have that PPM and you want to untrain it, it shows "Stop him from being caught offside as often as he does" or something like that.

Noticed he does have likes to beat the offside trap so will look to untrain that

Actually with that PPM a striker will be caught offside more. Once you have that PPM and you want to untrain it, it shows "Stop him from being caught offside as often as he does" or something like that.

Hmmm that´s a point of view bro, but if he is a good striker, he won´t always get caught offside. It dependes of the player attibutes.
I feel my F9 playing better with that PPM than without ! :)

Hmmm that´s a point of view bro, but if he is a good striker, he won´t always get caught offside. It dependes of the player attibutes.
I feel my F9 playing better with that PPM than without ! :)

That is because of the role. False 9 drops deep in midfield and won't make the runs like a traditional forward, but with that PPM he will. But many of us choose to play traditional striker roles (TM, AF, Poacher) and then this PPM sucks. I had Lukaku with this PPM, holy lord every other goal ruled out for offside.

That is because of the role. False 9 drops deep in midfield and won't make the runs like a traditional forward, but with that PPM he will. But many of us choose to play traditional striker roles (TM, AF, Poacher) and then this PPM sucks. I had Lukaku with this PPM, holy lord every other goal ruled out for offside.

Yeah i see your point, i works better with a more deep striker !! :)

I think this trait would work well for player with good anticipation and off the ball abilities.
Is that true or is the trait simply useless?

If you play a direct passing style with a deep line, it's a sensational PPM since he was lots of space behind to run into.
There are no bad PPMs', only PPMS that suits particular styles.