WJ

Reaction score
Posted this in the Frustrations thread, but it's probably better off in a separate thread.

I've seen a lot of complaints about strikers being **** and while I agree that finishing and shot selection can be improved, it's not that bad right now.

Here are the stats for my team as a whole and then my 4 main strikers. 3 of the 4 are quite young, but I was surprised to see their stats. If it matters, this is in March, after 29 games.

ZFCma4s.png

OgmRmFO.png

9R1QUvB.png

iZ3hXBJ.png

sEbNL94.png

So my team averages 1 goal / 6 shots and my strikers range from 1 goal / 3 shots to 1 goal / 5 shots. That's deadly. It's better than real-life stats. How do yours compare?

What tactic do you use, WJ? Have you posted it in the download section? Obviously the striker can only be as good as the supply to him and so you must have a tactic thats ideally set for Robinson. I'm intrigued :)

I'm surprised at how well Robinson is doing, tbh. He's only 21 and while he has the potential to be really good, his attributes now aren't anything special.

b6qGfSA.png

Jamal Taylor is 25 (so almost in his prime) and the World Cup 2030 Golden Boot winner, so he's much better on paper. What lets Taylor down is the Shoots from Distance PPM. I'm sure the PPM is the cause of his stats being "average" in my team.

I haven't posted my tactic(s) anywhere on the forum. I change tactics fairly often. I'm in 2031 now and I've managed 6 clubs. I've used at least 18 different tactics so far and most of them have been successful. It all depends on the team I manage and the squad I have at my disposal. I tailor the tactic to suit the players.

It looks like its mainly his off the ball that makes him so dangerous. That linked in with his anticipation and decisions probably contributes to him making space for through balls?

It looks like its mainly his off the ball that makes him so dangerous. That linked in with his anticipation and decisions probably contributes to him making space for through balls?
Yes, I think that is key. He has good physical attributes too. What's odd about him is that he has a ferocious shot, but he only has 9 for technique and doesn't have the Shoots with Power PPM.

That makes him a good all-round player. Good, powerful shot from the edge of the box. Great poacher stats for when he gets into the box and he also chips in with the odd headed goal.

My two main strikers are averaging 13% and 19%

Just to add, IRL, the top strikers usually average around 16-22%. So if you're getting 20% (or 1 goal in 5 shots) that's good.

Yes, I think that is key. He has good physical attributes too. What's odd about him is that he has a ferocious shot, but he only has 9 for technique and doesn't have the Shoots with Power PPM.

That makes him a good all-round player. Good, powerful shot from the edge of the box. Great poacher stats for when he gets into the box and he also chips in with the odd headed goal.

I'm really just taking a guess here but do you think any physical abilities contribute to technique as well? I mean, balance helps with dribbling doesn't it? Maybe balance and strength could help with power of shots? That's very much just speculation but just a thought

No idea, tbh. It may have something to do with the lack of technique? Due to that, he just hits it with his laces instead of trying something fancy?

Compare him to this guy:

67ZMOL5.png

Similar, but note the technique. Every single shot at goal is a soft side-footer. Even those from range!

Just to add, IRL, the top strikers usually average around 16-22%. So if you're getting 20% (or 1 goal in 5 shots) that's good.

This is quite an interesting thread then.

It's just annoying when you're strikers seem to squander what it looks like chance after chance, but if it's in line with real life then it can't be that bad I suppose.

Definitely some interesting points here, with regards to the crossing over of certain attributes.

For my United team, I've got 1 main striker, backed up by 3 attacking mids. We score a lot of goals, but mostly from the players in behind. (Timo Werner still gets a bucketload, around 20 league and 45 overall per season, but he also chips in with around 35 assists, which for an AF is brilliant)

Unfortunately, I can't give the stats since I'm in June of 2020, and the season's finished, but you can see he picks up a lot even with what have to be said as average technical stats.

View attachment 368385View attachment 368384

Interesting, definitely, when you compare him to the striker that was his backup until I sold him this summer, who has arguably better technicals:

View attachment 368383View attachment 368382

Definitely some interesting points here, with regards to the crossing over of certain attributes.

For my United team, I've got 1 main striker, backed up by 3 attacking mids. We score a lot of goals, but mostly from the players in behind. (Timo Werner still gets a bucketload, around 20 league and 45 overall per season, but he also chips in with around 35 assists, which for an AF is brilliant)

Unfortunately, I can't give the stats since I'm in June of 2020, and the season's finished, but you can see he picks up a lot even with what have to be said as average technical stats.

View attachment 616529View attachment 616532
That's an impressive record there for Werner. What's his shot/goal ratio?