striker for newcastle

• Thread starter nufc_no1
  • Start date
  • Replies 31
  • Views 9K
N

nufc_no1

hi guys, im lookin for a decent striker for newcastle. owen will obviously be 1st choice, but shearer is abit ageing.

Chopra has been a suprise for me, hes been doing well.. scoring a hatrick in my 6-0 demolition of west ham :p

neways, hes not that good. i have about £6m to spend, and untill FMscout for fm2006 comes out, then i need sum ideas from u guys! ;)

i was thinking of Delgado, and am trying to find a way to finance Pazzini, but i doubt that thats gona happen.

any ideas ?

thx

C Delgado is hit or miss, on my Ajax save he was unstopable and on my Man Utd save he was a meathead, wasting everything. I'd wait till the end of the January window and buy Kerlon when he turns 18 or if you're at the start of the game and cant wait then Sanli Tuncay can be picked up for around 6mill or even Evandro Roncatto for around 2.5mill, I wish i'd snapped him up earlier as he's now at Sevilla 3 years on and his stats are great. Lebohang Mokoena for about 180k, Eddie Johnson for 1.3m are other posibilities.

Last edited:
yea i completly forgot about tuncay, unfortunatly hes gone to juve :( that roncatto bloke has pretty poor stats at the mo, but he is only 18. I think i will wait afew seasons before i make a move for him.

i managed to pick up liedson from sporting for £6.5m and hes excellent, VERY quick(acc. 19, pace. 17) and a great finisher(18), and he is always at the right place at the right time (off the ball 19). a good buy ;)

i think i need a good, quick right winger now, nobby solano is nearly as old as shearer.

my newcastle team at the mo:

Given (GK)
Babayaro(LB)
Carr(RB)
Bonera(CB)
Boumsong(CB)
Solano(RW)
Luque(LW) <--- QUALITY!
Emre(CM)
Parker(CM)
Liedson(FC)
Owen(FC)
------------
Harper(S1)
Moore(S2)
Taylor(S3)
Dyer(S4)
Shearer(S5)

my team are doing pretty well, 3rd behind arsenal and chelsea, but havnt playd any of the "big 3" yet.

Last edited:
Roncatto's stats do look poor and that's the reason I didn't sign him at the start, now I wish i'd spent the 2.5m that Sevilla did :(

wow he does look good, i might just shove him in the reserves for afew seasons :p

Why don't you play Luque up front. On FM 2005 he used to be a Worldclass Forward.

nihat contract runs out after first season i think and he usually doesnt sign a contract u mite b able to get him. I sign him twice with Barca and Man U

well luque is great up front and on the left wing, i dont have any decent wingers at the mo, so im gona use luque for a season or 2 :p .. marco babic was EXCELLENT on fm2005, on 1 of my games, for a whole season got a average rating of 8.22 :D .. but on 2006 hes **** :( .. weird..

can i ask wot year u in and how'd u get that much money?

stick luque up front. and buy simon vukcevic from partizan for 5mil

vukcevic will score 15 goals from left wing.

I bought a versatile winger called Rodrigo Taddei from Roma for 3.6mil in my second season and he was outstanding for 3 seasons running (always average rating of high 7's/low 8's). At one point Liverpool offered 23mil which i turned down as Middlesborough would not let go of the only obvious replacement, Stewart Downing.
Taddei can play either left or right wing

what about leo messi he plays well i also found that simao plays really well down both the wings which is always handy hes keeping ronaldinho out of my barcelona team

Mauro esposito(sp) was the best player ever on the wings on 2005 anyone got him ? if so is he as good as he used to be ?

Send your scouts to Brazil, they will find some good young Brazilian talent for you.

nufc_no1 said:
yea i completly forgot about tuncay, unfortunatly hes gone to juve :( that roncatto bloke has pretty poor stats at the mo, but he is only 18. I think i will wait afew seasons before i make a move for him.

i managed to pick up liedson from sporting for £6.5m and hes excellent, VERY quick(acc. 19, pace. 17) and a great finisher(18), and he is always at the right place at the right time (off the ball 19). a good buy ;)

i think i need a good, quick right winger now, nobby solano is nearly as old as shearer.

my newcastle team at the mo:

Given (GK)
Babayaro(LB)
Carr(RB)
Bonera(CB)
Boumsong(CB)
Solano(RW)
Luque(LW) <--- QUALITY!
Emre(CM)
Parker(CM)
Liedson(FC)
Owen(FC)
------------
Harper(S1)
Moore(S2)
Taylor(S3)
Dyer(S4)
Shearer(S5)

my team are doing pretty well, 3rd behind arsenal and chelsea, but havnt playd any of the "big 3" yet.

hey mate im newcastle manager too, my squad was similar to yours in first year i was playing luque on left etc.

but the season after hugo viana came back on loan and so did james milner. Hugo viana is quality and james milner is now a wonderkid

Luque is playing better than Owen up front this year too!

Taylor is a wonderkid too, absolutely amazing everybody wants him :D

Simao, was awful for me at Liverpool.
james keene has become an awesome striker on my Luton game, and on ajw's Wrexham game. Only young at start 17,18. or 19 at pompey

My Team!!

Rite Ladz Im newcastle manager 2?
im top in the 1st year this is my team

GK: GIVEN

RB: CARR
CB: PABLO
CB: BOUMSONG
LB: M.TAYLOR

LM: LUQUE
CM: DYER
CM: PARKER
RM: BOJINOV

AMC: RONCATTO

FC: PAZZINI

Last edited by a moderator:
I know its each to his own and all that, but I gotta say you're wasting Bojinov on the wing. Stick him up front and watch the goals fly in..........

nufc_no1 said:
well luque is great up front and on the left wing, i dont have any decent wingers at the mo, so im gona use luque for a season or 2 :p .. marco babic was EXCELLENT on fm2005, on 1 of my games, for a whole season got a average rating of 8.22 :D .. but on 2006 hes **** :( .. weird..

I've just taken over the helm at Newcastle in the 2010/2011 season and have signed Andre Moritz, a Brazilian left winger from Lyon and he is awesome. He starts the game at Internacional and moved to Europe in 2007 for £2.7m Now I'm playing Luque upfront and even though he is 32 he is still amazing. In the 16 games I've been in charge he's played 14 and scored 8 goals.

I would definely switch Luque upfront to play next to Owen as the target man and sign a winger, though Moritz may be one for the future rather than a quick fix. I signed Messi for £4.5m in 2006/07 for Man U and he was an immediate success down the left. Kieran Richardson is also fantastic on the wing.

yeah moritz is good so is kerlon, Porcellis, rafael sobis and Tcho. a good winger is pisculichi.

Borut Semler is awsome im aston villa. got him on a free after the 2nd season

has scored 22 in 25 games, helping me push for a champions league place