Striker Henry 'to join Barcelona'

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Barcelona are set to sign Arsenal striker Thierry Henry for a fee believed to be about £16m, according to reports coming out of Spain.

More...

that has got to be a ******* joke, 16m for the best player in the world when man utd spend like 17m on owen hargreaves :rolleyes:

While he isn't the best player in the world, 16m is a bargain!!! Can't believe Wenger is letting him go so cheaply-unless he is about to follow. Major bad news for Arsenal, they are screwed for next season. And as it looks like Etoo is staying atm, Barca have a front line of Etoo, Henry, Ronaldinho and Messi :bigeyes:

Surprised Madrid haven't moved for him now, or one of the Milans.

Hmm it's not looking good for Arsenal at all. I can't see them getting much goals next season unless they bring in a top quality striker.

You have to ask yourself what the **** is going on at Arsenal. They sold pat Viera for 12m or soemthing which was shocking, now Henry for 16 ohh and Cole went for pennies even if they got someone better in return.

With teams like Villa,west ham man city,liverpool,chelsea as we know all in the money now i can see next year being hard for Arsenal.

Hmm it's not looking good for Arsenal at all. I can't see them getting much goals next season unless they bring in a top quality striker.

You mean like Baptista :D

Well I hope they get Baptista again, that would be awesome for everyone apart from Arsenal :D

They will be a reason for the cheap price tag, maybe Henry's contract will be up at the end of the season and they would rather make money on him than let him go for free, kinda like what happened with Owen.

edit - Actually ignore all that because Henry signed a 4 year deal after the CL final last year against Barcelona. Just shows that English players prices are over inflated.

Last edited: