chuffy

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has got any opinions on whether this would work:
Setting a fast striker who "likes to beat office trap" to tightly mark the opponents slowest centre back? I'm thinking that if the striker is next to the centre back when the through ball is played he would have more chance to connect with it before the pass is intetcepted.
Just a thought, although it would be interesting to see if it had any effect.

I don't know. I usually don't mark defenders except wing backs-that too sometimes if they're real good like Ramos or Evra. Otherwise, I think you don't need to. Try it for a few matches and see if it works. Your logic seems okay to me.

it's a good idea it might just work but it might nt join into other attacking moves

if he is set as a poacher then yes maybe
also this couold be used in other senarios when the opposition have a really good cb and a really bad one ?

Will have a try when I get a chance (working over new year :S) although I am playing as ipswich so my strikers ain't great.
Played as a poacher on a direct passing, counter-attacking tactic perhaps?

yea with midfielders on high amount of through balls?

Back on Championship Manager 3 series it was a common tactic to set your striker to mark the oppositions goalkeeper and it worked a treat, so why not give it a go?

Could work well with an aml, amr and an amc, with the amc settings to come deep and collect the ball, allowing the striker to stay further up the pitch, shouldn't interfere with any build up play then?