Striker needed

• Thread starter HoneyMonster
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 3K
H

HoneyMonster

I have just started a new game with man utd and I am looking for a striker to fill in when Larsson finishes his loan in march. I have £16.9m to spend i really want him to be a first team player for next season.

I have asked for more money and i have now got £30M and i would like to get another defender to strengthen my back 4 any ideas

Gonzalo Higuain is the furthest you need to look for a forward. Failing that try Gianpaolo Pazzini.

If you're looking for a DC, for the future I'd go for Micah Richards, but if you want someone to come in straight away try Felipe, Gonzalo Rodriguez or the slightly cheaper option (but just as good) Gabriel Milito.

Striker: Jermain Defoe got him for 11.5m and bangs in goals. as for the defender i would say Ledley King. probably quite cheap compared to some other defenders as well. Mateo Musacchio is always a good DC but is only 16, has lots of promise though.

Nelson Valdez was awesome for me with Milan, also Carlos Acuna who Boozad told me about bangs in the goals.

O yeah and Valdez only cost me £7.5mil. There is also Klass Jan Huntelaar who cost me 12.5mil and he was really good.

i'd go for huntelaar as well....and i'd get mertesacker (sp) in defence....

Theo Walcott is worth a look at as well at around £6.5m, although hes not amazingly consistent to start with. After a couple of seasons in the first team he becomes immense though, and his creativity and pace get him into easy goalscoring positions to counter his poor finishing stat.

Rafael Sobis no need to look anywhere else. Bangs in 30 goals a season for me at betis. Or pazzini for 11m, or palacio for 13m ish, or there's cesar delgado for 4m who's good.

The Transfer deadline has just past and I have signed to strikers and put saha on the transfer list. I bought Acuna for £6.5m and Huntelaar for £14m. In the transfer window i would like to buy a defender (preferably right side) and a midfielder (preferably left side) I have just signed Freddy Adu for the january window for £3m. I now have £7m left and i will ask the board for more fund in january

Last edited:
Get Guardado for the left wing. Best left winger in my opinion.

Play Adu on the left and spend the rest on your defender, personally Id go for Cristian Zaccardo and Glen Johnson can be solid.

Play Adu on the left and spend the rest on your defender, personally Id go for Cristian Zaccardo and Glen Johnson can be solid.

ive tried to get Cristian Zaccardo but they want £9m and the board wont give me more money and i wont get glen johnson until the summer because he is on loan to pompey

Try Micah Richards or Antonio Barragan turns out quite good

I signed Antonio Barragan for £7m thanks for your help

carlos vela is at Arsenal you should get him for around 7 million and he is or becomes a wonderkid also check out chile first team for sanchez hes good they have 2 youngsters in the youth team who u can get for free

Higuain without a doubt and should only cost you about £5 million.

Another good signing up front would be Aaron Lennon (he's usually available at £9 million at beginning of the game) then you would have to retrain him to play up front. Within a few months he was terrorising Premiership defences with his pace and got a record of a goal every other game.

Good centreback is Patricio Araujo, he's young, already has lots of quality and becomes one of the best defenders in the game after a few seasons. Should cost you maximum £6-10 million

Last edited by a moderator:
Avoid triple posting, there is an edit button on every post, please use that.

I am also having striker problems i need a cheap but top class striker!

What do you class as cheap?