Clince121188

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone is having this issue. The striker in my tactic, regardless of which one plays, is consistently straying offside to the point that they are easily beyond the average in the league. Just to illustrate my point:

View attachment 206425

My team instructions are as follows:

View attachment 206422

And the instructions for my striker are:

View attachment 206420

Belotti especially is killing me because his attributes for anticipation and off the ball are pretty decent, so he should have the intelligence to keep from finding himself in those positions so often.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :p

Belotti has a prefered move try to beat offside trap, thats the reason.

Your Belotti has pace so you can play higher tempo. I cant see it doing any worse if you are already getting 73 offside in 18 appearances, so why not try to make your opposition make mistakes?

To me the answer is obvious. You're playing with a Complete Forward who has "Get further forward" enabled by default, you're crowding the advanced areas of the pitch by having an Attacking midfielder and a winger on the left side, that's essentially pushing him forward and that's made even more complicated by asking them to play with a very high line.

All of this combined and you're essentially asking him to play as high up as he possibly can can at all times and never to stray deep... While also asking him to play a patient controlling build up game (as per team mentality) and to patiently probe and offer creative opportunities and attacking (as per his role)

He's more than likely offside since you're asking him to do a million and one things at once. He'd need to have insane mental stats to be able to play the game you're asking them to play.

Thanks for the advice guys. Can't believe I forgot about his ppm ha. Going to try him out as a F9 before perhaps having him unlearn it.