Striker Partnership

sonos

Reaction score
i'm playn' villarreal, and those are my forwards as u can imagine... the problem is they aren't scoring (aquino the sub as more than them allready) and there still llorente very good header in the bench...

nihat is the guy that holds the ball to put rossi pace in game .. but not happening

Any help in how to use them ?

Last edited:
i do that sometimes

another tip from a tactical master ?

ill appreciate

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

come one lads.. help me out

Play the 3 up front rw nihat lw rossi st llronte

4-3-3 u say? i'm now playn 4-4-2 DM CM AML AMR, and can't put cazorla out he's the only one really deservin the spot in the line up

is nilmar there if not
rossi and nihat
or if he is
nilmar and rossi

Does Nihat have free role? They are set for long shots or not? Short passing, or direct?

Hmn, tell us how are their tactical settings.

Alri m8 maybe invest in a few players if u have the funds

i'm stepping out now but send me a PM i will give you a hint on how to use pacey strikers and also a tactic for them.

Mario B. 17 goals (21apps)
C. Vela 15 goals ( 17apps)
Laurito 10 goals(11 apps)

i'm playn' villarreal, and those are my forwards as u can imagine... the problem is they aren't scoring (aquino the sub as more than them allready) and there still llorente very good header in the bench...

nihat is the guy that holds the ball to put rossi pace in game .. but not happening

Any help in how to use them ?

Just use Aquino, if he's is scoring then he must be on form. If a striker is scoring goals ignore what your assistant is saying about his ability not being as high as the other strikers you have have, just play him.

Nihat
Mentality: Attack
Creative Freedom: High
Pass: Mixed/Short
Closing Down: Mixed
FW Runs: Mixed
Run with Ball: Often
Long Shots: Mixed
Free Role: Yes
Hold Up Ball: Yes

Rossi
Creative Freedom: High
Pass: Mixed/Short
Closing Down: A lot
FW Runs: Often
Run with Ball: Often
Long Shots: No
Hold Up Ball: No

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

btw .. nilmar not here

When Llorente plays no way run with ball, target man feeded to head, no free role

if u need more information to help me just say..
(using the net at work, my internet broke at home and i only play there can't put screens for the tactics, but thats all in my head lol)

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Just use Aquino, if he's is scoring then he must be on form. If a striker is scoring goals ignore what your assistant is saying about his ability not being as high as the other strikers you have have, just play him.

i was doin that !
sorry i forgot to say .. aquino out 2 months :mad:

I would suggest the following, it might work:

Nihat
Creative Freedom: low
Pass: Short
Closing Down: Always
Run with Ball: rarely
Long Shots: rarely
Hold Up Ball: no

Rossi
Pass: direct
Free Role: No

The idea here is for them both to play very fast - Nihat should work as a floating forward, making precise passes through the attack, while Rossi will be more like a target man, distributing the ball to wingers and midfielders if necessary, as well as trying some long shots if in good position. The low creative setting is to try to make them stick to this way of playing.

The idea here is to get your midfield to send as many through balls as possible or get the ball to the strikers feet. Once he get the ball if he is open for a 1v1 he will take on his man...if not he will hold on to the ball and send a through ball to the second striker. Again the mentality has to be linked with your team, so they play as a unit not 5 defend and 5 attack. Also if a the team your playing are sitting deep play a slower tempo and it will find more space for the strikers, if the opponent is playing a high line i play a fast tempo game. ( Take pitch into consideration + weather)

1more thing, set your fasted striker as Target man with but don't tick the use target man option. And for the target man option choose Run onto ball.
I will so post the preferred moves i tell every fast striker

Also play to your players strength ...if he has long shots, put them often or mix.
If he can dribble don't have him doing short passes all the time. This is the only striker set up that has given great results, i never changed it since i started my career. I just adjust it when they get more skillful.

Lads thks for the help, ill try that when i get home

if u have more tips just tell me, i'll appreciate :D

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I would suggest the following, it might work:

Nihat
Pass: Short
Closing Down: Always
Long Shots: rarely
Hold Up Ball: no

Rossi
Pass: direct
Free Role: No

The idea here is for them both to play very fast - Nihat should work as a floating forward, making precise passes through the attack, while Rossi will be more like a target man, distributing the ball to wingers and midfielders if necessary, as well as trying some long shots if in good position. The low creative setting is to try to make them stick to this way of playing.

using both with low creative will turn them to previsible don't u think, and they are already being that..

but the rest can be usefull
thks

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Also play to your players strength ...if he has long shots, put them often or mix.
If he can dribble don't have him doing short passes all the time. This is the only striker set up that has given great results, i never changed it since i started my career. I just adjust it when they get more skillful.

my instructions are close to yours, but ill try the rest when i get home
tkhs again

P.S.: loan me balotelli lol

Lads thks for the help, ill try that when i get home

if u have more tips just tell me, i'll appreciate :D

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

using both with low creative will turn them to previsible don't u think, and they are already being that..

thks

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

my instructions are close to yours, but ill try the rest when i get home
tkhs again

P.S.: loan me balotelli lol

rofl ! never!! Balotelli is a gem.XD
If you instructions are close to mine, then is either the midfield supply or your tactic set up. Also team talk is really good look into that:D

tkhs lads!

ill try that and then post the result of those changes for good or for bad (H)

thks

Well, not really. The low creativity will only stop your players from trying things different to the instructions that were given. It doesn´t mean that, under those instructions, they can´t make lots of different plays - and, as such, be creative within those parameters. Give it a try. I´ve only managed to have sucess with high creative levels when I can use a worldclass attacker.

I got Torres and Vela for my city team, they're amazing. Torres is scorring the most, but Vela is making **** lots of assists.. just won the treble in 2011, cant complain :)