Meow

Reaction score
I don't know the exact title for what I'm aiming for, but I'm wondering when the strikers are at their peak.

I'm in season 4, at the beginning, I'm playing as Bolton and Edin Dzeko is up for free transfer, he's 27 and I'm wondering how many more years he will still be a dominant force :]

he should be quality until 32ish so you should get 5 seasons out of him - for free he is a must sign

I think it's 32. It's definitely above 30 and less than 34 which is the peak age for goalkeepers (28-34). I try to develop a replacement way before then and sell the player before he loses value.

he should be quality until 32ish so you should get 5 seasons out of him - for free he is a must sign

I figured it's a must sign, but I didn't know the exact age ...

I think it's 32. It's definitely above 30 and less than 34 which is the peak age for goalkeepers (28-34). I try to develop a replacement way before then and sell the player before he loses value.

That's interesting, that's good news, he literally hit 27 so sounds like he has a lot of years still in him! I've already got 3 striker regens who could easily challenge for his retirement, also he'd make a very good tutor for a regen striker I already have :]

I noticed in my NovBarca save Villa started decreasing value fast when he became 32 so I think that'd be the magic number.

Well the peak is said to be just around 26-28, but I've never witnessed this actually being a striker's best year.

I'm sure though that players, if they are professional, will be quite good up to their 31-32, but then stats begin to decline.
Although that's pretty much it for fast strikers, I guess that it's at least one or two more years for target men, so I guess you should be able to get some 6 good years from him.

Well the peak is said to be just around 26-28, but I've never witnessed this actually being a striker's best year.

I'm sure though that players, if they are professional, will be quite good up to their 31-32, but then stats begin to decline.
Although that's pretty much it for fast strikers, I guess that it's at least one or two more years for target men, so I guess you should be able to get some 6 good years from him.

So quite a few more years, thanks/thanks everyone for the information :3

In real life and this game id say 28-30 is peak age for a striker, but dzeko at 27 on a free is a must buy, depending on the player he could still be good until 34/35 but generally most start to decline at around 32/33. however i dont think pace is a big part of his game so you may get him for even longer.

In real life and this game id say 28-30 is peak age for a striker, but dzeko at 27 on a free is a must buy, depending on the player he could still be good until 34/35 but generally most start to decline at around 32/33. however i dont think pace is a big part of his game so you may get him for even longer.

He lacks pace as a player, but he's prime for a support role, target man/complete forward to knock onto a fast pace striker ... But that's just my views, but yeah, I got him after all. =D

Players start to decrease in stats quite fast, in football manager.
Pace/acceleration will start decreasing as soon as the player hits 30, I think.

Good on you for signing Dzeko, though, I also took him in free, in the fourth season :)

You can't really use those "peak"-ages, though, since it all just depends on stats. You get two players with equal stats, they are going to (if both are exactly the same, except for their age, 21/29-yr for instance) perform exactly the same.

Only argument there is, is that older player will be more composed, but you can just look at a players mental stats to figure those out.

My advice is, get rid of Dzeko before he turns 30 - you're signing him on a free, and if he is a success, you can sell him for maybe 20 million next season. If you wait until, for example, 31, you can't sell him for anything proper anymore.

Strikers are a dime a dozen, to be honest, I'd be more reluctant to sell if you were talking about a quality left back, or something to the like ;)

Not necessarily. It depends a lot on the players' natural fitness attribute, among other things.
Alright.
Pace and acceleration may start decreasing as soon as when a player reaches 30.

Anyway, that is the main point in my post. Pace and accelerations cost a lot of CA, meaning you also lose a lot of CA when you lose the stats due to player age... Affecting salesprice quite a lot, not counting the obvious "this player is old and therefore of less worth"-factor on the price too.

IMO, 5 years max (32 yrs) ...after that usually striker at that age only good enough for backup or tutoring

The question that you seem to be asking, when is a striker's peak age, I would say 26-29. The question most people seem to be answering is what age does a striker decline, that depends on your players natural fitness. Generally around 32 though.