insanity

Reaction score
Trying to recreate the Roma tactic of 2006-2007 with Roma and I am looking for a player with whom I can replace Bojan when he is injured or under performing. Totti is not playing well on this position although he is the father of the trequartista.

One more question to the strategic guys here - are deep lying forward and trequartista close as a role and should it be a viable recreation of the tactic if I use a deep lying forward as a single forward instead of trequartista as the only forward. Totti for example did play as a trequartista back in the days when Spalleti was managing the team but he was younger and quicker, however nowadays he plays as DLP and even at the last match against Cesena he played as hybrid between inside forward and complete forward.

Get Rossi. He's even Italian. Well, he's American but he plays for Italy. Should do the trick!

Erick Torres is a beast and very much like Totti. He is young but he can put in a good shift even at a young age. The good thing is he will only cost you about 4 million.

there's a spanish player from las palmas who i cant remember his name :( hes 22 and should be a good player has a release fee of 5 million

Rossi is my goal at the 3rd season when Bojan goes back to Barca. I have played roma 2 times before and I was never able to buy him after his loan contract expires, so I am scouting all the time Rossi and sending some compliments, cause the scouts are in opinion that he would not want to join the club.

Never played with Erick Torres before. Send some scouts earlier during the season, but still I think I have no report for him. Is he a striker trequartista? I do want a striker trequartista, because all I want is to recreate the Roma's tactic of 2006-2007. So far I have superb results however I think I am over achieving, rather than having a stable tactic.

I would love to hear some other suggestions for striker trequartistas, because I will be testing the tactic with other teams also and there neither Totti, nor Bojan and Rossi will be available.

Any

Rossi is my goal at the 3rd season when Bojan goes back to Barca. I have played roma 2 times before and I was never able to buy him after his loan contract expires, so I am scouting all the time Rossi and sending some compliments, cause the scouts are in opinion that he would not want to join the club.

Never played with Erick Torres before. Send some scouts earlier during the season, but still I think I have no report for him. Is he a striker trequartista? I do want a striker trequartista, because all I want is to recreate the Roma's tactic of 2006-2007. So far I have superb results however I think I am over achieving, rather than having a stable tactic.

I would love to hear some other suggestions for striker trequartistas, because I will be testing the tactic with other teams also and there neither Totti, nor Bojan and Rossi will be available.

Any

Make sure you get a CL spot as Villarreal tend not to do too well by AI-management IIRC and eventually Rossi will want to leave. Torres is a perfect treq. and will be much cheaper, but will need development time.

Humberto Suazo is good short-term. Taarabt is also good [will need focus training on ST] 8 in 8 for me in the Prem from ST.

I don't know how much Roma have but I doubt it's much, both those signings are under £5m, It's so hard finding a good, cheap trequartista though.

playing a trequartista as a lone striker is an experiment which IRL has never really worked for anyone, with the exception being Pep Guardiola, but even that needed the best player in the world in the postion, sarrounded by two or three of the best ball players in the world. Its also worth remembering that when Spalletti (sp) first employed the tactic it was out of necesity, ie a lack of strikers through injury, and not really his own choice.
That said we started with 5 forwards, then 4,3,2 and now generally 1. If there is a pattern then the trequartista as a lone striker is the way forward.
Good luck though, it would be good to see how you get on, buying Messi might help!

Park Chu-Young(Arsenal) is usally transfer-listed, and is a very good Trequartista. He usually costs around 4-6m

Good luck though, it would be good to see how you get on, buying Messi might help!
View attachment 218431

I am doing well but I am far from thinking that the strategy is ready. It is more about luck, knowing the players in the team and keeping the moral high, also using very high match preparation for the big matches.

Btw lost to Siena 0-2 on purpose trying to keep them in Seria A, because both of my good links are going to get relegated.

Last edited:
Any striker can be a trequartista provided you give him the right instructions. I view a treq. as an attacking midfielder playing in attack. His role/objective is not necessary to score but to create goals, stretch defences, get opposition defenders ou of position and making that killer pass.

Mentality; normal
Creative freedom ; much
closing down; rarely
passing; mixed
run with ball; mixed
forward runs; mixed
move into channels
roam from position
Long shorts; rerely else they would bang them from anywhere especially if thet have the wrong PPM.

these should do the trick
Imagine players like Gianfranco Zola, Denis bergkamp, Paolo Di Canio, Wayne Rooney..

playing a trequartista as a lone striker is an experiment which IRL has never really worked for anyone, with the exception being Pep Guardiola, but even that needed the best player in the world in the postion, sarrounded by two or three of the best ball players in the world. Its also worth remembering that when Spalletti (sp) first employed the tactic it was out of necesity, ie a lack of strikers through injury, and not really his own choice.
That said we started with 5 forwards, then 4,3,2 and now generally 1. If there is a pattern then the trequartista as a lone striker is the way forward.
i think messi might be a bit out of the price range of Roma!

Jakey123 said "i think messi might be a bit out of the price range of Roma!"

Really mate? U think so? Are u American, or was a temporary lose of humour?

I don't recommend using lone ST as treq since that means your inside forwards/ amc must be clinical since your ST drop deep to pull the CB all the time. As we all know finishing in FM is ****, even with world class strikers, so imagine how many chance your inside forward/ amc will miss!

I do agree, AgentVinz. I do miss a lot of goal scoring opportunities. However Osvaldo is doing just fine as a AML inside forward and somehow Greko is banging from range as AMC. I learned placing shots PPM on Pjanic and he started also scoring. The only problem I got right now is how to make my AMRs score.