I saw your link to your other tactics....which one is the best defensively and offensively please? Sorry for such silly question

Both cross and through balls....

What types of defense I must have? Fast ones or strong ones?

Mostly smart ones. Positioning beats strength and speed. If I had to choose between either, speed.

so basically 80% of teams play with wingers, that means i should be dropping ML/MR to wingbacks most of the time?

so basically 80% of teams play with wingers, that means i should be dropping ML/MR to wingbacks most of the time?

If you reckon your team is equal or better than the other team, you don't have to as you expect to have more possession than them.

Yep. A Withdrawn Targetman.
i'm running a save where i don't make any player purchases so i only rely on my academy. As such, a lot of retraining is required. now, am i thinking correct that i use more of a 'static-but-can-pass' type of player for the enganche as i don't have a fellaini and i usually retrain my strikers for the shadow striker role? meaning the SS would have good off the ball and finishing.for the defensive winger role, i guess i can switch between retrained full backs and pure wingers depending on the opponent?

i'm running a save where i don't make any player purchases so i only rely on my academy. As such, a lot of retraining is required. now, am i thinking correct that i use more of a 'static-but-can-pass' type of player for the enganche as i don't have a fellaini and i usually retrain my strikers for the shadow striker role? meaning the SS would have good off the ball and finishing.for the defensive winger role, i guess i can switch between retrained full backs and pure wingers depending on the opponent?

For the Enganche, you'd be correct.

For the defensive wingers, it's either re-training wing-backs or as you mentioned actual wingers.

c61030da6631f084dabb11bf8238c0eb.png

Some more results.

Hi,

I really enjoy your blog, and with such a smashing presentation I could only try it out, so I started out with atletico as they have two very good players for those WM roles (Griezman & Koke). However I got smashed by almost every team in the friendlies and Barcelona humiliating me 7-0 was too much for me XD

The defense was extremely leaky and not only from crosses but also from deep passes where my defenders (who are pretty good) always had an awkward positioning.

I ended up getting 60% possession but only 5 shots in a game. However I really liked the concept and I wanted to try something with it so I used it as an inspiration to create a strikerless diamond 4-3-3.

The defense is much better with a full line of four and a DM in the front, you could say that the DM and AMC operate those versatile roles you were describing in your presentation.

Still early in the season but it's looking good up until now!

Anyway keep up the good work, love to read your analysis mate!

i loved the presentation and the idea of it, but unfortunately didn't work for me. loads of possession but without any danger in attack, in defense i get countered to shreds from a single mistake my team makes. (granted, it's my players fault but i'm just giving you feedback). also regularly getting exposed with a long ball behind my centre backs resulting in 1v1 situations all the time. didn't work for me, sorry

i loved the presentation and the idea of it, but unfortunately didn't work for me. loads of possession but without any danger in attack, in defense i get countered to shreds from a single mistake my team makes. (granted, it's my players fault but i'm just giving you feedback). also regularly getting exposed with a long ball behind my centre backs resulting in 1v1 situations all the time. didn't work for me, sorry

Maybe you have the formation still in awkward. Only with full fluidity i can have good results in 16, which is strange because the majority of players plays different formations along their careers.

Maybe you have the formation still in awkward. Only with full fluidity i can have good results in 16, which is strange because the majority of players plays different formations along their careers.

no no, it was fluid :)

I really like the strikerless concept but i think it lacks depth too much, no ability to quickly counter which is pretty efficient in FM16.