Jamo23

Reaction score
I'd like to say I stumbled across this out of a moment of thinking outside the box, or it being the result of one of many attempts at recreating Barcelonas formation. In reality, this was a result of me being a complete twonk and failing to replace my 3rd choice striker.

I'm managing Accrington Stanley in the Premiership in 2022, getting myself promoted time after time with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation. I find myself up against Chelsea, who I have played 12 times and recieved a hammering 11 times, and losing the other 1-0. When I come up against them again in the league, with my 2 natural strikers injured. I try something new.

I drop the lone striker back into an attacking midfielder role. Leaving my formation looking like this
GK
RB
CB
CB
LB
CDM
RCM
LCM
RAM
CAM
LAM
And I dominate the game, winning 2-1. Testing to see if it was a fluke or not, I try it in the next game, against Man United. They score early but we dominate, losing 1-0. My nxext 2 games result in a 2-1 win at Arsenal and a 6-2 thumping of Birmingham. All of these were games I would have previously struggled in.

Is this a stroke of luck or is this a formation that has been used before?

if AMC - Tarquista and AMR + AML are Inside Forwards it might work.. you also need attackimg MC's

My wide attackers are just Wingers, and my CAM is just an attacking midfielder. All 3 push up into attack when we're on the attack. But all will come deep to help get the ball when we haven't got it.

I guess having 'Work the ball into the box' on is a massive help. Currently 2-0 up against Feyenoord as well in my next game

This is a really good formation and I think the major reason for people not using it more is beacuse they want to use the great strikers they have in their team and beiing afraid that they cant play in AMC ( they can though, i promise)

On a side note, within this formation, you can actually setup a Barca tactic ( not using the TC roles though )

i dont suppose you could create a download link as i am plymouth and i need wins to save me from relegation in the premier league

i dont suppose you could create a download link as i am plymouth and i need wins to save me from relegation in the premier league

Don't know how mate i'm afraid. Apart from your average back four its
CDM - Defensive midfielder, Defensive
RCM- Advanced Playmaker, Attack
LCM- Central Midfielder, Support
RAM- Winger, Attack
CAM- Attacking Midfielder, Attack
LAM- Winger Attack

I guess it depends on the players you've got available to you. But have the CAM with lots of creative freedom and run from deep often, good luck!

Is this a stroke of luck or is this a formation that has been used before?

Well it's Barca's formation IRL, so yes, it's been used before and is probably my favourite formation to use along with 4-3-3 so you're not the only one.

This is a really good formation and I think the major reason for people not using it more is beacuse they want to use the great strikers they have in their team and beiing afraid that they cant play in AMC ( they can though, i promise)

On a side note, within this formation, you can actually setup a Barca tactic ( not using the TC roles though )

Love this idea and wanted to implement it with Barca, who i love (still got my Rivaldo shirt).

My Question is do you have any tips on how to recreate this without using the TC?

Laffles basicily already made this tactic it's in the recreating how legends play thread.

Well with 11 minutes to go in a game at Everton as Arsenal I find myself drawing 0-0 with only 10 men(4-4-1 Wingers as Attacking midfielders). Then my radge ex right back srna gets sent off, so I make my final sub to get a right back on, playing only one up front I sacrifice my one striker. I go on to win 2-0. My advice after that strange story play very quick wingers who have good finishing and composure. Vela & Walcott in my case.

Laffles basicily already made this tactic it's in the recreating how legends play thread.

There has been 4-6-0 tactics before that thread, haven't used any, but one was high scoring and got a lot of good feedback, you have to look many pages through though.