Strikerless ? Or is fm 18 all about 3 strikers

jassar

Reaction score
Hey guys ,just got fm 18 yesterday and see a lot of guys here are going with 523.....5 def 2 midfielders and 3 striker tactics ....
Are the strikerless tactics with contain mentality dead ? I remember the one in fm 17 was great .if you guys know any other strikerless or defensive mentality or contain tactics..please drop links ...
Thank you

The 3-striker formations are popular in this edition because the match engine/AI teams struggle to defend against it. It is a weakness in the game and some managers are exploiting it. Essentially, it relies on a weakness in opposition center backs when back-peddling, they seem to take longer to turn towards their own goal which gives the strikers a head-start in the chase. It is an exploit that can be used in other formations too, but would be difficult to pull off without a striker playing off the shoulder of the defence.

Other than that, most of what worked for you with a strikerless tactic should work in this edition.

Why not recreate the tactic you used last year and see how it plays out.

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of plug-and-play tactics and I usually develop my own, although I do look at others and see if there are any tweaks I can apply to my own.