Deovoultcha

Reaction score
Rwanda Rhonda - [FONT=&quot]Who Needs Strikers??
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have toyed with my previous tactic, Tonga Tyler, made a sister tactic, very very effective (Won CL 4 times straight +
league w/o purchases as Tavria Simferopol of Ukraine) Djibouti Daniela, but now I focus on new beauty of passing,
which is what makes teams like Spain play stunning football, playing the passing focused on defenders that shift out
of position from fullbacks to defensive-minded playmakers, which would be the love child of Daniel Alves and Xabi Alonso.

I also focus on the effective nature of the Contragolpe, or Counter-Attack Minded play, which has been effective in winning Italy
multiple World Cup Championships.

Let's start off with the formation and the oddity it carries:

img4.png

What do you say, Deo my boy, no men up front? Then how do you score goals? And why play up front?

Well my idea was that I would have the shifting fullbacks on the Right and Left who controlled the passing on the flanks
and could work into the centre of the field to pass long balls. These usually were intercepted due to the lack of versatility in precision defenders carry in lobbing balls.

Usually, the Left Back cuts inside when the opposition score because the Defensive Midfielder makes a mistake in the
back by charging at the player with possession while the opposition advance and play around the DM/MC to expose the movement of the Left Back.

Now, these are the instructions:

img17.png

What you need:

Defenders: Your DM and LB/RB MUST be very pacy, have great acceleration, and be pretty versatile.

LB/RB must be an excellent passer and (Bonus) Be determined

GK: Very important, playing defensive minded in KO Tournaments leads to PKs usually, so you need a GK that's good with 1 On 1's
and at Penalty Stopping, being tall wouldn't hurt either

How the offense is carried out:

The Wingers in the Attacking Midfield fold into play with support from the shifting Left/Right Backs. They support one another
(Wingers) to evenly distribute possession from AM(Winger, Right) to MC to AM (Winger, Left)

Player Instructions:

img5.png

Now, after taking the reigns of some has-been who failed to qualify for Euro 2016, I reconstructed the team based on the youth/regens

and still used the experienced in the Midfield and DM (Sneijder, Robben (He was ****, though), Stekelenburg, Nigel De Jong)

How it works:

After I qualified for the World Cup, I was in Group G with Chile, England and Japan. Yikes.

And the bets were squarely on England and Chile advancing and the Dutch FA told me advancing to the Round of 16 would be
stupendous since we were "outsiders" (Sneijder publicly said he "liked" being given the underdog tag)

So the clogging of our field would lead to the opposition attempting long shots for the most part, which was good with
keepers like young Gudden and experienced Stekelenburg.

I drew with England 0-0, Chile 1-1, and Japan slammed 3-0.

(Results at the end)

So I advanced 2nd to Chile, and was on my way to the most difficult challenge alongside what awaited me beyond the Quarterfinals - Portugal.

Let's analyze events from kickoff.

By the way:

[/FONT]
Red = AM (LC)
Black = DM (C)
Purple = LB
Blue = M(C)
White = Dribbling
[FONT=&quot]Grey = Pass/Shot
X= Play Stops

img11.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
KICKOFF: Everything looks fine, all in position, Fernandes and Esteves (POR) start the match.

img12.png

The M(C) and DM(C) charge against opposition up front to keep possession in Portugal's half

img13.png

The ever-sneaky LB goes up front to support the M(C) and DM(C) in pressuring the ball

img14.png

The M(C), DM(C) and LB all retreat as the Right Flank of Portugal begins offensive play

The Dutch Defense restricts movement slightly into Dutch side of the field, move upfield

14th Minute - Ronaldo Strikes

img15.png

The M(C) charges on player with possession and LB does not revert to marking role to intercept passes/possession,
and as a result, Veloso passes to Miranda who sees an unmarked Ronaldo, who dribbles into open space as M(C) attempts to pressure Miranda too late, and Ronaldo shoots from distance.

GOL, it seems. But don't worry - they learned from this mistake. The LB's influence is high enough to a point he reorganizes defense, and LB/RB churn into the Middle rather than depend on the flanks

0-1 Portugal

img16.png

LB churns into Middle to pass to M(C) to avoid interception by Portuguese offense, who passes to AM(Left Winger) who
"folds in" and plays safe ball to Wesley Sneijder, who dribbles by a Portuguese defense attempting to chop the play from the AM(Left Winger),
a foul is called, play is stopped, yet Sneijder plays the ball early to AM(C) and scores.

1-1

img6.png

It is clearly evident that the LB learns from the early goal and plays to the Middle with support from the RB, and plays deep on the Left Flank when the M(C) and AM(Left Winger) are in safe positions to pass to.

img10.png

This shows the low interception rate from centrefield because the LB is supported by the RB.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
img7.png

The lack of assertion of the New Zealand midfield in attempting to stop play from the LB is staggering as the LB plays
very deep into the flank and Holland win with ease, 3-0.

Cameroon and the End of a Dream

The Dutch found themselves lost in the Semifinals, much like France did in the WC 2006, expected to repeat a failure like 2002.

Cameroon had beaten their last opponents by tiring out the Dutch offense in the 1st half, scoring early by restricting the LB
to long shots that were intercepted (Not ALL passes were stopped, only 10 out of 55 attempted) Sneijder brought it back for 1-1 to ET,
but the weary Defense was tired, I shifted to Attacking Mentality, and Cameroon had a late strike.

All in all, a necessity for fit defenders and defenders who can pass long range to start quick counter attacks was lacking as I settled for 3rd beating Uruguay, 2-0.

img8.png

RESULTS:

img1.png

img3.png

img2.png

I'd love to have some testers for this tactic when it goes live.

For your info: Khartzan is a renamed version of Ukraine with a new flag.

TACTIC Download HERE
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Unique, I'll give ya that, better than the usual formations

Thanks, I was intrigued by this, clogging your own half by not committing strikers is very effective, and to add, this was a horrible Holland team, the media stated it, and I reiterate it.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

bump

I'm considering making a tactic similar to this in my save. Just to play around with in tournaments.

I'm considering making a tactic similar to this in my save. Just to play around with in tournaments.
Been trying this tactic with Morocco, circa 2019 in my save, doing really good, very high passing

Bit of a silly question, but how did you do that player instructions image ??
did you just screeny each individual one then put them all into one image ? or is there a bit in the game you click ? thanks lol

Bit of a silly question, but how did you do that player instructions image ??
did you just screeny each individual one then put them all into one image ? or is there a bit in the game you click ? thanks lol
It'd make life easier to have a screen with the instructions compiled but I had to screenshot each player and manually add them (H)

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:52 AM ----------

boomp

Your going to need strikers at some point mate. Good tactic any way.