oegaard

Reaction score
As always, I do apologize for any re-post!

I've been playing with Paris St.German for half a season now, with a 4-1-1-2-2 formation.
Goalie - standard
Wingbacks - support
CB - standard defend
DM - Anchor
Central midfielder - attack
Wingers - support
Forwards - Ad.fwd and target man.

The only problem I have so far, is that my partnership up front don't work as much as I would like.
I play wingers support, cm attack and for my strikers I have one advanced striker and a target man, which I supply passes to his feet.
I've tried a poacher instead of a target man which sometimes works depending on which striker I use.
But the main question is, what kind of strikers should I use? Should I stick with the adv.fwd and maybe try a supporting role for the second striker or should I try something else? Any tips?

Thanks!

---------- Post added 28/09/2011 at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was 27/09/2011 at 08:59 PM ----------

Bump!

you should play your wingers attack and target man or deep lying support and advanced or poacher

otherwise just play your target man with a support duty

My dogma is that wingers should only play an attacking role if you want them to pass more and if they are decent passers just make their through balls often

Yes it is right you should play your wingers attack
43.gif

Last edited:
Click on my name and the link in it for more info regarding striker combinations.

As it is, is your target man tall and strong? If so, why are you playing it to feet? I usually use that for creative, deep-lying strikers. Also, I never found a target man/Adv. Fwd. combo to work particularly well. I'd definitely try a supporting role for the secondary striker.

Best one I've ever had was Deep Lying Forward and Poacher.

put one deep lying forward to supply passes to poacher or target man and play your wingers attack.
or you may change your CM to a supporting role CM (adv playmaker/CM support) so you have someone who stay in the hole and supply passes to your strikers and wingers