Martins Cardozo
Bojan Podolski​

Matias Fernandez Moutinho Diarra Marquinhos
Fleck Adrien Rafael Carioca Balotelli​

Bale Collocini Chygrinski DiSilvestri
Insua______ Taylor______ Belletti​

Given
Kuzshack​

It's not a bad team - and its starting to play to their potential. Playing the 'Steaua Bucharest' tactic from this forum (thanks SB) as the AI was 'getting' my existing 4-4-2.

Player instructions there are essentially one-notch attacking on a short and slowish tempo with tight marking and no target man tick instruction.

The new full backs have certainly helped knot up the defence up - but the main concern is of the complete lack of consistency of the forwards. Rarely getting over 7.0 unless they score, missing clear cut chances, very low score returns. Dominating games but winning only 1-0.

I'm concerned that if I take up Man City's offer of Pogbreynak he will simply fall into my tactical black hole and suffer the same fate as the other strikers. Last season Cardozo scored 30 goals, Martins 26 the season before, and Bojan has been wondrous. Podolski on the other hand only has three goals for the first half of this season, two in an easy drubbing of Red Star.

Have tried PPMs to improve finishing, lobbing etc. And pep talks. Are there any suggestions as to how to get my strikers to wake up? Has any one else suffered if, for example, strikers are rotated too much?

I seem to have more 'normal' performances when they come off the bench - but am not sure what this should be telling me.

deelang

I had the same problem with Arsenal.

I had Adebayor, Van Persie, Walcott, Aguero and Saviola.

Between them the strikers managed to tot up 76 goals in 3rd season but after 22 games in my 4th season this is all they could do:

Adebayor-1 goals
Van Persie-2 goals
Walcott-2 goals
Aguero-6 goals
Saviola-2 goals

most goals coming from my midfield, but i kept persistant and Van persie hit a rich vein of form scoring in 6 consecutive games. All I can recommend is don't give up and keep persistant, one of them are likely to start scoring soon. Maybe try putting just one up front, swapping the starting striker every game and see if any of them start to score.

Hope this helps.

when you rotate you squad you have to be sensible.

dont rotate everytime, need to play the same squad week in week out to get your consistantcy going within the squad should only rotate when players are tired or you need to replace an injured player.

Get the ball wider, put more crosses in and your forwards should blossom. Playing a slow tempo in the Premier League might also be a problem as it means your strikers are constantly having to work very hard to get space.

i have 3 top strikers in my squad and when one of them stops scoring or is playing badly i drop them.Inform them i am deeply dissappointed with them and if i can fine them for poor performance.
i do not believe in being soft with people earning up to £130,000 a week.I demand results and my top 2 strikers each regularly achive 30+goals a season.One got 52 in a single season in the spl,champions league and cup matches.
I also have in the training 8 coaches assigned too shooting,attacking and tactics.And for the strikers training i use tug's 09 with shooting on intensive.
what zebedee said about getting crosses in is correct.i play with two wide men with high crossing attributes and also make the DL and DR push up in attack.these also have high crossing values.One striker is target and one is tall and i get plenty of headers in on goal.

Last edited:
i have 3 top strikers in my squad and when one of them stops scoring or is playing badly i drop them.Inform them i am deeply dissappointed with them and if i can fine them for poor performance.
i do not believe in being soft with people earning up to £130,000 a week.

:O

Neither did Roy Keane, and look where it got him! Serious point though, it seems to be the managers who more reflect this view (Keane, Boothroyd, Allardyce) are probably less successful then the Managers who try constantly to encourage (Ferguson, Wenger, Redkanpp).

I've always wondered whether this was the right approach in FM though, so always tried to be encouraging and flattering.

Of course next thing you know and the lazy sod has told you that he has issues motiviating himsefl, and trudges around the pich passing behind runners and struggling to get a 5.9. oO)

Nonetheless, thannks all for the above. Will let you know what happens.

good post and just rotate to see and it depends on your tactic so tell us that and how you play them cos it is a good strike forse also dont sign too many players at once cos you need your eam to gell

During your matches, keep an eye on your teams motivation. If someone's is poor, single them out at half time and make sure they get an earful.

Get the ball wider, put more crosses in and your forwards should blossom. Playing a slow tempo in the Premier League might also be a problem as it means your strikers are constantly having to work very hard to get space.

This is very good advice. Have widened and quickened that tactic and some of the forwards are starting to be a threat again:

v Forest H (FAC 4) 3-0
v Man City A (PL) 4-3 (Martins hatrick)

This is a City side that has just installed Wenger as manager.

Will update further...

Thanks again all!

My whole team just cant score, let alone the strikers, have 15 shots easy every game but only scrape 1-0 wins, and most of the time draw or loss

guys get the formation right if u wanna score even if u have **** team good formation can get u goals.

................Keeper...........

WDC........DC......DC.....WDC

...........CM........CM............

....R.AMF.....................L.AMF

...............ST/FC...............

this formation gets you toon of goals