CallumM556

Reaction score
I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place but i've always been puzzled by what is the best 'preferred moves' for a striker. Obliviously their role and position effects whats best but i mean between "places ball" & "shoots with power" which is more effective for a striker. Thanks in advance

Both PPMs are effective depending on the type of striker you have along with some important attributes. I tend to teach the "Places Shots" PPM to strikers that have good 'Finishing, Composure and Technique' (EG Cavani or Suarez). The "Shoots with Power" PPM I teach to Strikers that don't have great 'Composure or Technique' or more physical type strikers. (EG Costa or Lukaku)

If you have a striker with "curls ball" PPM, good technique finishing and long shooting, teach him the places shots and tries long ranged shots.... trust me, you'll enjoy watching those ones go in.

It really comes down to what his attributes are. A PPM should ideally do one of two things:

1. How can I make him focus on his strengths
  2. How can I make him cover up his weaknesses.

eg. player with "mark opponents tightly".
high marking = keep PPM.
poor marking = Unlearn as he dose not have the attributes to do so effectively and he will make mistake, thus affecting his avr' rating.