Reaction score
I know this has been something discussed and raised before, but it would seem no matter what I do I cant get my strikers to score.

I am currently managing Mansfield in League 2, second season, first season same problem, I put it down to my strikers being rubbish, however this season I have improved my strikers and I would say are amongst the best in the division. Below are my main 3.

Steve Howard - Scored 15 in 39 games for a team in same division, 0 in 15 for me this season
Marlon Harewood - Everyone knows Harewood, ok for the division, has got 7, most however when I have played him on the wing.
Jon Stead - 1 goal all season, played last 10 or so years in championship
Marcus Bignall - Recommended on here as a L2 scorer, got 1 all season for m e I think.

My leading scorer is a Midfielder.

Now I have had this game from day one, and I have noticed it since then, not all the time, however I would say its been the majority of the time, with games with Wolves, Newcastle, A Villa and Man Utd.

I have tried various tactics, used info I have picked up from here, but still it seems to be an issue. Please tell me if I am missing something here as I have played the game for 10 years plus and never had this problem for such a long time.

Also strikers seem to miss so many clear cut chances, or when clean through!

Last edited:
Stop using strikers. Problem solved. (Seriously, i did)

I have considered this, and at the minute I use 451 and 4411 as its pointless having two strikers when they don't score, however it does not solve the problem as its not realistic

I dont have that problem , I'am currently in the middle of a liverpool save (january 2014) and both of my strikers score most of my goals , suarez leading goal scorer with 17 goals in 19 games , sturridge with 15 goals in 15 games (he scored 15 goals in 10 games but he didn't score for 5 games in a row).. you just need to find the perfect tactic

I have considered this, and at the minute I use 451 and 4411 as its pointless having two strikers when they don't score, however it does not solve the problem as its not realistic

CWB BPD x LD c CWB
DLP D
AP s BBM
IF a TREQ/eng IF a

you won't need strikers