Strikers shooting blanks!

Andybas

Reaction score
Im liverpool, I have Fernando Torres, Miroslav Klose, Craig Bellamy and Dirk Kuyt..... four world class strikers. but how the **** do you get them to start scoring? Should i sell one and bring in another striker or just wait and see what happens? Because im gonna go ******* woppy!!

Last edited:
First time Ive ever heard Craig Bellamy labelled as world class.
Could be down to your tactics. Sell Bellamy. Get Gonzalo Higuain.

Get Gonzalo Higuain.

One is quite infatuated with Gonzalo eh boozad.

Klose was brilliant for me at Valencia, set him up as a target man for corners and free kicks, 8/10 times he would either assist with a flick on or score a header. He was only average at holding up the ball though (lacks strength if I remember) so I wouldn't bother personally.

I bought your love child boozad!! Gonzalo Higuain! Scored in his first match for me. looks impressive already. But forget him! PETER CROUCH!! 7 goals in 5 games! had him in the reserves all season then he started yaapin at me to put him in the first team, so i decided to put him in for a while to shut him up.........Peter + Crouch = Legend! Scoring goals left right and centre now!

Crouch did ok for Liverpool for me but he eventually was sold to Newcastle where he did nothing.

One is quite infatuated with Gonzalo eh boozad.QUOTE]

I forgot to post his stats in his first season for me. He was the Prems top scorer with 29 (I think) and the Champions League with 12. If he can adapt that quick he should be amazing.
He was injured for the first 3 games of my second season, but scored a hat-trick on his return.

As for the infatuation :p , hes the best striker Ive had in any CM/FM. The last 2 installments I always plumped for Bojinov, Cavenaghi, Vucinic. Never had enough money to go for the worlds best, although Bojinov and Vucinic became class over time.

Hehe, you remind me of my friend when he played CM 03/04. He was obsessed with Evandro Roncatto, every chance he had he'd show me how well he was doing and how his stats had risen every year. He had him all the way till he was 32 when my friend left Liverpool to manage Swansea. Roncatto finished his playing days at Arsenal at 35 years young. I think Roncs starts the game at 17 too.

Well mate you've set me a mission there. Keep yer eyes peeled for regular updates on Gonzalo, Saviour Of The Wanderers haha

For some reason I cant open the Manage Attachments window :| . I'll post his stats as soon as it'll let me.

Still cant manage attachments :mad: Oh well thats one saved file I wont be deleting :pleased:

Manage attachments works fine for me.

Try jo...

It was my firewall stopping the pop-up :rolleyes:

When my strikers can't score I go to 4-3-3 and remove the long shot option, set passing between strikers to short and have them run with ball at all times. I set their mentality to Attacking and much.

Im liverpool, I have Fernando Torres, Miroslav Klose, Craig Bellamy and Dirk Kuyt..... four world class strikers. but how the **** do you get them to start scoring? Should i sell one and bring in another striker or just wait and see what happens? Because im gonna go ******* woppy!!

Sell Bellamy and get in Theo Walcott...bought him for Everton, he is awesome up front after a year or two, runs rings round everybody!!

I sold Walcott to Roma from arsenal as he wasn't scoring (Same with RVP and Adebayor) And got in Defoe. Done well for his debut season now being kept out by Nicolas Millan :p.

Walcott does turn out quality. Everton bought him in my game for £5m and 6 seasons in a host of top clubs are offering £40m for him. Quality front player but his goal ratio actually isnt that good.

In my third season with the toffees and Walcott has 13 goals in 15 games..thats a pretty good ratio!!

Shame he has just torn his calf muscle :knockout: