Strikers who get assists and goals

gooner16

Reaction score
So i finished a season with arsenal and i was looking at my strikers, due to injuries neither were able to hit 15 goals in the league which is good considering the amount of time they were out. In all competitions van persie played 35 scored 22 with 20 assists. I also have podolski who played 28 scored 24 with 6 assists.

Now what i was surprised with is how many assist vp got and i was wondering what made him get so many? It wasn't the tactic because i play 1 upfront which would mean podolski would have got more assists. So it must be Van Persie just being amazing, but what makes him so good? Is it the high creatively/flare?

I was looking at similar sort of strikers like villa & Rossi both played more games but neither got any where need the level of assists as Van Persie.

So finally what makes a good striker who not only get the goals but also the assists and what strikers can do both?

more to do with formation than type of player

I assume you run with one striker up front?

I played Pablo Counago as a Deep Lying Forward in League 2. He got 22 goals 24 assists in 33 games. I think it was mainly to do with the formation. I was playing a standard 442 and the other, more pacey striker, (Jamil Adam) was making Runs for Counago to hold up the ball, and thread it through to.

I think Aguero is the best or one of the best you can get...
I have Mario Gotze, but he isn't a true striker, but he go 29 assists and 27 goals in a season

DLF and Trequartista strikers tend to assist more. Especially if they have good decision (will try to find the best decision in a situation), creativity (has a lot of options to chose from) and teamwork (will try to do the best for the team; or pass rather than shoot). In addition with some good PPMs you can make your main striker assist more than shoot. I am using my own old tactic with a mix of DLF/treq/advance forward/def forward instructions and even strikers with low teamwork assist more than they shoot (but end up with low rate).