Leehendy

Reaction score
I don't know whether anyone else's had this problem, but I just can't seem to get my strikers scoring!!

Strike options;
  • Borini - blows hot and cold tends to score more from inside forward.
  • Damiao - only recently bought, scored a few but nothing prolific. I had training on very high team cohesion to try and bed in new signing and I have only made two this season.
  • Jovetic - purchased last season shows glimpses but no consistent form.
  • Ademilson - scores the odd one but nothing to write home about.
I also have Suarez but he is always played as an inside forward and I have'nt been constantly rotating either.

Tactics
Kofloks Goals Golore
Supermatt's Brendon Rodgers V2000
Also similar 433 hybrids have been tried to get the most out of my striker, most goals coming from my inside forwards and none of my players has got 20+ goals in a season.

Things I've tried ...
  1. Making sure the strikers are trained in the correct role.
  2. Finishing training.
  3. Hitting both the monitor and the cpu with a large heavy object.
None of these worked and the 3rd proved most costly!!

I am having this exact problem (exept I use my own tactics)

My 2 inside forwards (Douglas Costa and gervinho) have been immense, along with Cazorla who is playing as an AM. But Giroud/Podolski are not scoring (I play 4-3-2-1 but have been changing between the 2 to try get one of them scoring!)

It will depend how you are playing him + the generall team settings. If he is played as a poacher/advanced FC in an approach where you hold possession, then his main job will be to open up space, hence not being involved in the goalscoring. Here, I would let him drop deeper and let the AMC or a MC burst forward to open up this space instead

It will depend how you are playing him + the generall team settings. If he is played as a poacher/advanced FC in an approach where you hold possession, then his main job will be to open up space, hence not being involved in the goalscoring. Here, I would let him drop deeper and let the AMC or a MC burst forward to open up this space instead

Thanks for the advice. To be fair It seems to have sorted itself out after the latest patch. Before hand it did'nt seem to matter if I was playing possession or more direct it just was'nt happening! I have my fingers crossed for now.

I didn't have much success with goals until I played 4-2-3-1 all attacking mids in the centre behind the forward.

The RCAM and LCAM played as attacking mids, with the AMC as an Inlying Forward and the Upfront as a poacher.

Had Kagawa LCAM, Neymar ILF, Rooney RCAM and Falcao as Poacher.

Falcao was getting 50 goals a season for 3 seasons with Neymar getting around 30.