Strong striker needed.

Craven

The trequartista
Reaction score
I'm looking for a striker who can hold the ball up well and find a pass. He doesn't need to be a prolific scorer because Villa does that for me although the odd goal wouldn't go a miss. He needs to be able to come deep and collect the ball, similar to Rooney's style of play. I only have £8m, any help?

Erm....8m is not much to spend on a class striker, but Dagoberto at the begining is good. Also Cesar Delgado from Cruz Azul is good, 4.9m or somthing like that. Rodrigo Palacio (from boca) is fast and scored 5 goals in two games for me. Pablo Vitti from Central is good but more for the future. Rafael Sobis bangs them in aswell. If i come across any more i will post them. Do you need them for the future aswell or just for now?

Adrian from Deportivo. His stats arent that great but hes only 19 and they shoot up. Fantastis all round front player and hes my top scorer at the moment.....

£8m isn't alot but that's all I have managed to raise, Valencia don't have any money to spend (was given £600k). I will look to offload a striker in January that is not performing, either Morientes, Tavano or Angulo.

I'd rather have a player that can do a job now rather than later too. I do appreciate the suggestions but please can you suggest players that have the ability I have asked for, C. Delgado has strength of 4 and R. Palacio has 5 so I can't see them holding the ball up well to be quite truthful. Thankyou.

Bojinov then. If no-ones already got him.

for me only iaquinta , bapstita qualify to be strong striker , they have striker sense , body strength , balance .

You can try your luck on Iaquinta , sometimes he can be bought with low price ... if only he still stay udinese :D

Yeah I'm tempted to spend on Iaquinta but I need to raise a futher £2m unless they ask for less in January. Baptista is on loan at Arsenal so I can't get him either. I want Fred but Lyon wont part. :(

Okaka from Roma is a good strong striker and is young as well....... he has good jumping and heading stats sowins plenty of knock downs and nets a fair few as well!!

Try to buy Yanick Djalo from Sporting CP or Gonzalo Higuain from River. But according to your specification try Higuain because his position is AM/FC. In my opinion don't expect your board to give you a lot of money for transfer funds. Sell your player(s)... It is hard to do but you have to...

I couldn't get a good target striker in the January window and Morientes has been performing better than I expected him to so I added an AMC to my ranks instead(Daniel Carvalho). However the season is drawing to a close now and a new striker is a must. Has anyone had experience with Crespo? He was a great target man for my Derby County team on FM06, I can pick him up for £4.5m. I'm also looking at Llorente, I can get him for £10m, anyone tried him?

Llorente tall enough , but i think his off the ball isn't that good right ? You're in year what now ? And what is your transfer budget ?

Coming towards the end of the first season and I have £10m, I'm not going to bother with Llorente because his only good stats are heading and jumping, i'd like more than that to be honest.

I couldn't get a good target striker in the January window and Morientes has been performing better than I expected him to so I added an AMC to my ranks instead(Daniel Carvalho). However the season is drawing to a close now and a new striker is a must. Has anyone had experience with Crespo? He was a great target man for my Derby County team on FM06, I can pick him up for £4.5m. I'm also looking at Llorente, I can get him for £10m, anyone tried him?

yeh i have got a game with inter and in the first season crespo was immense!!....scored for fun basically!!!! so yes i'd recommend him but....i'd personally go for someone younger because Crespo will only be good for a season or two i reckon!!

I tried to edit my post but it wouldn't save it. I now have £29m no because I sold Vicente(too injury prone for me) so i'm going to get someone has more years left in him than Crespo.

I tried to edit the post above several times but it wouldn't work, I signed Klose for £19m after Crespo snubbed me. :( Los Ches fans seemed happy about Klose though, search over and thankyou for your replies.