Reaction score
I have always loved fm and have played it since like fm08 but I have always been getting really frustrated with it as I can never ever seem to make a tactic that works doesn't matter who I go or who I play I can either win 5 nil against bayern or I get beat 5 nil by Leeds in the cup which is what happened to me last night**I have tried near enough every kind of tactic and player instructions etc but I just can't seem to make the right tactic looked on YouTube read other forums just won't work for me, was just wondering if someone could help?*

Thanks
Dillon*

A good tactic is all about balancing defence and attack too much one way or another wont work, its also best to keep things simple and imagine in your head how and where you want your players to move and choose the best postions/roles to make that happen.

I'm going to assume you play with attacking full backs? That has been exploited by the other team hugely in this game and it results in you conceding from crosses for the majority of your goals? Playing with Full Backs on Defend this year still allows the 2 players to support attacking moves but you can see that they are always aware of the opposition winger. I also always play with a ball winning midfielder support or a CM defend, this will add that physicality to your midfield and will stop the playmakers having so much time on the ball. And as for up top I haven't come across a sure fire way to get myself scoring goals through my main striker but having two inside forwards attack has seen my wide play become a sore point for any opposition I've come up against.

I recommend playing at a lower tempo this year, with the defensive full backs it takes a bit of time for them to become comfortable for them to support the attacks so it is important to slow the game down and retain possession until you can become entrenched in the other teams half.

What team are u using and which kind of players do u hv?

I just started a save with fiorentina made no signing and am playing a flat back 4 2 defensive mids a centre mid 2 attacking wingers playing as inside forwards and a advanced forward, cheers for the help guys

Can you list mentality, fluidity and the roles and duties, please? Any TIs?

What's the issue currently? What are you struggling with or struggling to understand?

I either like to control or attack in my mentality but neither seem to work in big away games, always fluid or very fluid my control tactic is a 4-2-1-3 DO Wide formation
Gk - D
2 WB on support
2 CB one cover and one stopper
2 CDM one DLP on defend and one anchor man on defend
1 CM on BBM on support
Left and right wingers pushed up on inside forwards and attacking
Stricken on AF on attacking
Instructions are, short passing, play wider, much higher defensive line, close down more, stay on feet, use tighter marking, use offside trap, prevent short Gk distribution, much lower tempo and be more disciplined

Went fiorentina managed to finish 3rd by 11 points but was 14 points off second and struggled away from home especially in big matches, I have a 4-4-2 tactic which is attacking mentality and a 4-1-4-1 counter tactic but only use it if winning by more than one, let me know if you want to see them?