cuddles

Reaction score
Hey guys, currently in my second season with Derby County and was promoted via the playoffs which shocked me. I began the season in positive spirits adding a fair bit of affordable quality and experience to my team.
But after 7 games i have 1 point and to be honest my team don't even look like they are going to get close to a result...the misplace 3 yard passes and miss penalties and sitters etc.
I am an experienced Football Manager player but i am really in need of help...Thanks.
View attachment 341766View attachment 341765View attachment 341764

I find shock tactics work really well or completely fail. The saying going down with a fight comes to mind. Play attacking, look to shock the opposition who will expect to dominate possession and make the chances. If you feel you have the quality to do this then don't be scared. I would maybe turn Demidov into a regista as that will suit your hassling opponents instruction and allow him to then spread the ball where he wants to. Depending on how good your wing backs are at attacking I would also change them to complete wing backs as that gives them the opportunity to bomb down the wings and help your team when attacking but also allows them to defend.

Thanks for the reply but i recently had my full backs set to complete wing backs and against the likes of Walcott and Agbonlahor etc i was being completely exposed in those areas and conceded most goals via cross so i switched them to full back (defend) although havent played a game with them like that yet. I triend to play attacking but my team just can't create a chance at all....like one chance per game and the finishing is poor although my strikers are 4 star reports.

Try to get your team to gel and bring up morale.
-Arrange friendlies against smaller opponents. This helps bring up morale, build confidence in your players, and hopefully gets your strikers on scoring streaks.
-Team meetings to build morale.
-Training set to Team Cohesion until you feel they're working well.
-Prematch training to Teamwork in friendlies, and maybe defensive positioning or attacking movement in regular games.

With you just being promoted, just try to beat the drop for this season. Try to get some loan players to strengthen weak areas until you can buy a permanent first team player there. Build up finances to bring in quality players.

Tactic wise, try to play counter style if you struggle keeping possession and/or struggle attacking ( however, you can't have slow players on the wings for this ).
Also, don't change tactics every game if they don't work, the team needs to build up confidences with tactics, they need to learn it.

Hope this helped, goodluck!

By the looks you have brought in alot of players soo they just need time to gel and try get moral up

also how did you afford soo many players?

A combination of too many new faces and not being fully fluid with your tactics. Might be a rough few months but hopefully your team will come around in the second half of the season. Just a matter of scrapping out whatever points you can in the meantime and keeping the team morale up. Unload some of the excess players as well.

Team are still struggling...all i can do at best is a draw. Team is forever taking the lead but can't hold on ever...had one shock win over liverpool and a draw against arsenal...but the teams around me are smashing me to pieces.

The players i have bought are all really cheap plus i sold Will Hughes for a bomb.

View attachment 340032View attachment 340033

Signing all those players is most likely the reason behind your form, signing 13 new players to start the season then another 6 in jan, is just going to mess with the team gelling, you may just have to accept this as a learning experience and come back stronger next season.
you may of been best with fewer quality signings, but i wish you luck for the rest of the season,
i suggest trying a 4-5-1 defensive tactic, try and grind out results if you can, 1 point is better then 0!
Keep us up to date

If you just got promoted to the BPL, you're going to struggle. Unless you have some top talent on your team.