Struggling to beat one of my friends

Thetvdh

Reaction score
So i am playing FM with my friend and he is playing as Spurs and im Liverpool FC. We are in the second season and we have played each other 4 times. I have never won one of these games and only drawn one (just) and i have no idea what is going wrong when i play him because im second in the table atm and challenging for first and i won the champions league last season and came second in league cup. I play a 4-3-3 tactic (ill try to attach pics) and he also plays a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. I cannot beat either of these formations and i have no clue
why. (I need help now I have drawn him in the UCL and Salah will leave if I don't win)

Starting XI (Oblak is in goal couldn't get him in image and Keita is usually in place for Wijnaldum and TAA is in place for Clyne. Both TAA and Keita are injured atm.)
View attachment 40610

TEAM INSTRUCTIONS:
Attacking
View attachment 40606

BENCH:
View attachment 40609

Oxlade Chamberlain and Son rotate for a bench position when Chamberlain is fit.

His lineups:

View attachment 40608

Woodburn is on loan so cannot play me so usually Grealish goes LW when he plays me and Iago Aspas is his usual right winger (BTW Aspas and Kane when the play me run rings around my team.) Hugo Lloris is in goal. Omolabi isn't usually there either its usually Winks. (If he plays a 4-2-3-1 he plays the two as 1 DM and 1 CM with Alli going into CAM and usually Ndidi playing the DM role.

View attachment 40607
That is the bench with a bunch more players not on the bench that are available such as Solanke and Rico Henry.

He plays with a sweeper keeper two attacking full backs two BPD a Segundo Volante and a DLP. AP in savic
two inside forwards and a CF.

Any suggestions on how to beat this?

Last edited: