marcMCFC1986

Reaction score
Anybody else finding it difficult to get into the game and take it seriously with so many bugs?

I can't get into a game when I know that when the final version comes out with no flaws (or at least fewer) I'm going to start over again anyway!

I know I can carry on my current save on the final version, but what happens between now and the release of the final version isn't very realistic, due to the bugs!

I always use the beta for throw away saves, i usually need the editor to create the lower english leagues anyway.

The beta is mainly the final engine anyway, better than last years. once you get use to the new UI.

Last edited:
I'm actually really enjoying it despite the flaws. FM is always a mixture of enjoyment & frustration for me anyway ;-)

I think the beta has been pretty good compared to recent years. Ive taken the time mostly to get used to all the new features rather than actually get into a save

I was considering starting a new save on full release, but I'm about to finish the first season now and I don't think I have the patience to start all over again. Yes there are some bugs, but nothing game-breaking.

I think the beta has been pretty good compared to recent years. Ive taken the time mostly to get used to all the new features rather than actually get into a save

I actually think this is the worst beta ever. Goalkeeping issues (lots), CB are completly bugged, offsaid goals counting, not to mention the other flaws like players asking for improved contracts after 1 month since they signed the last contract. This BETA is unplayable. Last year the BETA had a few bugs but it was definatly playable.

BETA has been fine for me got a good save with Blackburn :)

beta test
noun

a trial of machinery, software or other products in the final stages of development, carried out by a party unconnected with the development process.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Beta has bugs? Oh. My. God. Clearly this means the final product is going to be terrible. Despite the release day patch they have launched for the last 3 years addressing large amounts of the issues the community reports.

Can I ask, did you report the bugs or do you count moaning about a public bug hunt/test session on the forums as a report?

If I find anything hard to take seriously its people moaning about a Beta Test.

I actually think this is the worst beta ever. Goalkeeping issues (lots), CB are completly bugged, offsaid goals counting, not to mention the other flaws like players asking for improved contracts after 1 month since they signed the last contract. This BETA is unplayable. Last year the BETA had a few bugs but it was definatly playable.

I'm going to assume you've gone to the Si website and filled out detailed reports while uploading your save flies to their FTP server for each and every one of these bugs . . . .

@Brendn

I've uploaded a lot of .pkm's on SI Forums. Trust me, this is the worst BETA ever in the history of FM. If you dont believe me, check SI Forums bugs section. You would be amazed about what you'll find there.

P.S I'm not a hater, i think this version has a lot of potential. The downsides are strictly about the BETA, not about the final version, since it hasnt come out yet. I really hope they fix the worst bugs (match engine) by 7th Novemeber. You cant even create a tactic since your GK and CB's dont do what they are supposed to do. Inverted Wingbacks also function wrong, it's a mess so far.

Last edited:
I'm sort of glad I didn't pre-order.. I'm having the most enjoyable fm14 save I've ever had so why not complete another season or two until Friday :p

I can't get into it because I can't get into saves I'm not planning to continue long term.

I'm sort of glad I didn't pre-order.. I'm having the most enjoyable fm14 save I've ever had so why not complete another season or two until Friday :p

I did that with FM14. Just couldn't get into it at all so I done another 3 seasons at Liverpool before having a decent Wolves save in FM14.

Assuming that you mean offside goals? You do realise that happens in real life? It could be worse and have a ghost goal like the Watford vs Reading game a few seasons ago:

Watford v Reading Ghost Goal - YouTube

I'm finding the game unplayable. I don't know if it's bugs, or the game. I batter teams, and lose to their only shot of the game. I can have 10 shots on target, and they have 2, and I'll lose 1 or 2-0. Not just every now and again. pretty much every game. I've deleted about 7 teams so far. Playing about 15 games. If I don't think I've won more than 3 games. No matter how good or bad my players are, how big or small the team is. It's always the same. I've tried so many different formations and tactics. Also, my squad are constantly unhappy. About lack of games or wanting to leave. No matter what option I chose, it ends up with the squad being unhappy with me, and having team meetings every week, and press questioning me about how I handle my players, every few days. Especially with Norwich. Tried with them twice. Before the first few pre-season games are over, 4 players have demanded to leave, and the squad has said they arn't happy I just let them go for sod all money. I really don't know what else I can do, or whether this is just bugs. if it's still like this after the proper release date, I don't think I'll be able to play it. There's no enjoyment outplaying everyone and losing.

Anyone else finding these issues?

BETA has been fine for me got a good save with Blackburn :)

How are Blackburn in the game? Really interested to know how they play, as they are the team I support and therefore will be playing with as soon as I get my hands on the game!

I'm finding the game unplayable. I don't know if it's bugs, or the game. I batter teams, and lose to their only shot of the game. I can have 10 shots on target, and they have 2, and I'll lose 1 or 2-0. Not just every now and again. pretty much every game. I've deleted about 7 teams so far. Playing about 15 games. If I don't think I've won more than 3 games. No matter how good or bad my players are, how big or small the team is. It's always the same. I've tried so many different formations and tactics. Also, my squad are constantly unhappy. About lack of games or wanting to leave. No matter what option I chose, it ends up with the squad being unhappy with me, and having team meetings every week, and press questioning me about how I handle my players, every few days. Especially with Norwich. Tried with them twice. Before the first few pre-season games are over, 4 players have demanded to leave, and the squad has said they arn't happy I just let them go for sod all money. I really don't know what else I can do, or whether this is just bugs. if it's still like this after the proper release date, I don't think I'll be able to play it. There's no enjoyment outplaying everyone and losing.

Norwich just got relegated so I'm not surprised that their players are demanding to leave.

Liverpool in real life Battered Spurs 3-0 and have lost almost every other week to weaker sides.

Player power is a real big part of football now and Miles himself said it's a factor you need to Manage in FM15.

I don't think these are bugs, your man-management is just not good enough. More and more managers get sacked because of dressing room revolts.

I don't know why we keep having to explain this: Shots on target, possession, Clear cut chances,e ct are absolutely pointless and should be completely ignored because GOALS are the only statistic that actually matters and has a tangible value in a game of football.

Norwich just got relegated so I'm not surprised that their players are demanding to leave.

Liverpool in real life Battered Spurs 3-0 and have lost almost every other week to weaker sides.

Player power is a real big part of football now and Miles himself said it's a factor you need to Manage in FM15.

I don't think these are bugs, your man-management is just not good enough. More and more managers get sacked because of dressing room revolts.

I don't know why we keep having to explain this: Shots on target, possession, Clear cut chances,e ct are absolutely pointless and should be completely ignored because GOALS are the only statistic that actually matters and has a tangible value in a game of football.

If the stats have no impact or reflection in the game, dont put them in.

100% agree with you.