ferrrif50hunt

Reaction score
Started my season with Arsenal, I disabled budgets in the first window so I haven't bought anyone. Playing my trusty FM12 tactic with a couple of minor tweaks. What's frustrating me is, after about 10 games, my team is really struggling to score or even create any CCC's. Most games end with 0 CCC's created and only a couple of key passes. The defence is doing okay, but I've set my team up to attack and score goals, and they aren't creating anything at the moment.

View attachment 281855

In 2 of those games (Man City and Wigan) I needed a penalty to score, because I had no chances at all. Almost every shot comes from outside the box even though I've set the players long range shots to "rarely".

This is my team:

View attachment 281859

Anyone have any idea's what's going wrong attacking wise? I use "attacking" strategy at home and "control" away from home. The shouts I use are "pass to feet", "play out of defence", "work ball into box", "look for overlap" and "hassle opponents", also I use "retain possession" against better teams.

I think "pass to feet" may be part of your problem. That causes players to play fewer through balls, which might explain why they're not getting key passes and generating CCCs.

Starting to get really frustrated here, absolutely nothing is working, the team just wont create any chances. In fact, my results are gradually getting worse. After I made this thread, I played 4 more games with same set up and the results were: Stoke at home, drew 0-0, 0 CCC's created - Valencia at home lost 2-0, 0 CCC's created - Tottenham at home, drew 1-1, 1 CCC created - Man Utd at home lost 5-1, 0 CCC's created.

Then I came on here and saw your suggestion of taking "pass to feet" off, so I went I tried that. It made absolutely no difference at all. The next 3 games were: Reading away (bottom of the league with 1 point), drew 1-1, 1 CCC - Valencia away lost 1-0, 0 CCC's - Newcastle away drew 0-0, 0 CCC's.

So then I decided to try using the "pass into space" shout, thinking that would make my players attempt more through balls, but no. The next 3 games were all at home against Man Utd, Montpellier and Burnley and I only managed 1 CCC in total which was against Burnley.

Last thing I could think to try was to raise the tempo a bit, but that had no effect, in fact it made the team play worse and concede more goals. I'm getting desperate here, I really can't think of anything else to try to get the team creating chances and scoring. Never had this problem in previous FM games, in fact it was quite the opposite. I'd regularly score 90-100 goals a season but I could never keep a clean sheet.

I think this game needs to explain more "cause and effect" when changing sliders and putting several different options together.

You should be able to get a summary of your tactic that goes according to the playing modifications you've done, so you know clearly what to expect or so that you know you are getting what you want.

You should also get tactical input from coaches, like them telling you that your tactic isn't solid or balanced in a certain aspect and what you should do so that it works better. Also maybe have coaches tell you what type of tactics and playing style you should do based on the players you have or even get your coaches to help you draft up a tactic/formation to use with good slider settings.

Only thing I can think of is that you push up quite high and you play quite narrow. There is little space for your bbm and if to roam into. I suppose your ap is also set to roaming, the same goes for him.
This might not necessarily be an issue. But in your tactic it is. You combine that little space with short passing, counter attacking and a slow tempo. This does not make sense to me. Counter attacks should be quick and direct right? I'd suggest to untick the counter attack box or I'd suggest to pass quicker and directer.

Tried making all the adjustments people have mentioned on here, and nothing is working still. Lost 3-1 to Chelsea with no CCC's, lost 4-0 to Fenerbache with 0 CCC's and not a single key pass, drew 0-0 with Norwich with 0 CCC's, beat Liverpool 3-1 with 1 CCC and then lost 3-0 to Southampton with 0 CCC's.

There has to be something else going on here, it can't possibly be the tactic's fault. I've tried everything that can possibly be done to tweak it but my midfielders and forwards are not creating anything at all. The only way I score goals is from set pieces and long range strikes. I'm starting to think the game is messed up or something, because this is ridiculous.

This game is crazy, it just doesn't make sense to me. All the times I was playing that realistic tactic and getting nothing at all, I got annoyed and decided to play this as a joke:
View attachment 282079
And I beat Chelsea 8-0 at Stamford Bridge. 11!! CCC's created and none conceded. 32 shots, 14 on target - Chelsea had 3 shots 2 on target.

How is this even possible? Is that what you have to do in this game, play ridiculously unrealistic tactics? Jesus wept.

This game is crazy, it just doesn't make sense to me. All the times I was playing that realistic tactic and getting nothing at all, I got annoyed and decided to play this as a joke:
View attachment 282079
And I beat Chelsea 8-0 at Stamford Bridge. 11!! CCC's created and none conceded. 32 shots, 14 on target - Chelsea had 3 shots 2 on target.

How is this even possible? Is that what you have to do in this game, play ridiculously unrealistic tactics? Jesus wept.

it takes a while but u will get there in the end don't give up try out my tactic Brendon Rogers v2000 see if that gives u any help

View attachment 282079

That tactic and result were so silly I had to see for myself. So I copied it and used it for Red Star Belgrade in the first preseason friendly against my reserves. I won 11-3.

CCCs were also 11-3. 23 shots, 15 on target compared to 8/6 for the opposition.

The AI left half its team floating around the midfield doing nothing defensively while I had 9 guys attacking. At the other end, they'd either get trapped offside by my 1 defender or send a cross sailing out of bounds.

Needless to say my opinion of the ME isn't real good right now.

ill give it a try with my monaco save, if this works means that this match engine is just a real mess...

ill post my result asap i get it

my reserves lost 1-4 and my under 19 1-5... but im not managing that teams... let see what happens, match coming...

im losing 3-0 in 10 minutes...

what tactics are you using? what approach are you implementing? what match prep and training are you applying?

there are many, many things mate that effect the outcomes of games on Fm13 at the moment...

losing 5-0 in 75 minutes and quit... me is ******, but no that much fortunately...

Ah, I see what happened in my 11-3 game... my reserves are set to use my tactics, so once they fell behind they switched to the 1-4-3-2 themselves. Feeling kinda dumb that I didn't pick up on that the first time.

Tried playing some proper games with that formation and it doesn't work well.

Last edited: