Struggling wit real madrid in away games (second season)

vandamme84

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am playing with real madrid and I am struggling in the second season only on the away games.:'(

Just for the record:
In the first season, I won the league title, reached the semi-final in CL and also reached the final oft he spanish cup. I finished the away games table as champion. Everything was fine…

Second saison:
Now after 12 games I am second and 9 points behind barca, I scored a lot of goals but also concede a lot. I used to score almost 30 goals and got 16. One of the relegated team candidate also reached 16 goals only to compare.
Something goes wrong in the away games. For example I beat barcelona 4-0 at home, 3 days later I lost against bilbao 2-0 or I beat man city 3-0 three days later I lost againt zaragossa 3-2 away.

After 8 away matches, I didt win one oft hem, 6 draws and 2 defeats, its horrible. I have a defensive problem, almost every game I concede a goal and also dont create many clear cut chances…
This is only for the away games.

Shape/Formation:
Fluid
Standard
Short passing
Zonal marking
All the other settings are on default
Counter Attack box is ticked
Focus passing: mixed

Formation:
4-2-3-1
Casillas (GK)
Danilo (FBR automatic) PEPE (CD stopper) Ramos( BPD defend) Alex Sandro (FBL automatic)
Xabi alonso (DLP support as a DM) Khedira (Anchor Man defend DM)
Di maria (IFR attack) Özil (APM support) Ronaldo (IFL attack)
Higuain (DLF support)

Except the long shots setting I didnt change anything of the default player settings.

Board expectations : Win the League, reach the final of the Champions League
At the moment they are pleased with the team, job status is very secure (about 60%)

I use shouts like : work ball into box, play through defence, push higer up
And also OIs, only for the dangerous players

Sorry for my english, I have to practise a little bit more the writing part :)

I am new to this forum but what really works for me in away games is using None as a team talk especially when you are a big team such as Real Madrid and you are favourite in every game except maybe vs Barcelona :) If that doesn't work try Raikan007 AWESOME AMC tactic or also Raikan007 Jurgen Klopp 4231 :)
Another thing is the training, if your assistant manager is good leave it to him.. being Real MAdrid you should be able to get the best of the best staff so better leave it to them !

Hi guys

I am playing with real madrid and I am struggling in the second season only on the away games.:'(

Just for the record:
In the first season, I won the league title, reached the semi-final in CL and also reached the final oft he spanish cup. I finished the away games table as champion. Everything was fine…

Second saison:
Now after 12 games I am second and 9 points behind barca, I scored a lot of goals but also concede a lot. I used to score almost 30 goals and got 16. One of the relegated team candidate also reached 16 goals only to compare.
Something goes wrong in the away games. For example I beat barcelona 4-0 at home, 3 days later I lost against bilbao 2-0 or I beat man city 3-0 three days later I lost againt zaragossa 3-2 away.

After 8 away matches, I didt win one oft hem, 6 draws and 2 defeats, its horrible. I have a defensive problem, almost every game I concede a goal and also dont create many clear cut chances…
This is only for the away games.

Shape/Formation:
Fluid
Standard
Short passing
Zonal marking
All the other settings are on default
Counter Attack box is ticked
Focus passing: mixed

Formation:
4-2-3-1
Casillas (GK)
Danilo (FBR automatic) PEPE (CD stopper) Ramos( BPD defend) Alex Sandro (FBL automatic)
Xabi alonso (DLP support as a DM) Khedira (Anchor Man defend DM)
Di maria (IFR attack) Özil (APM support) Ronaldo (IFL attack)
Higuain (DLF support)

Except the long shots setting I didnt change anything of the default player settings.

Board expectations : Win the League, reach the final of the Champions League
At the moment they are pleased with the team, job status is very secure (about 60%)

I use shouts like : work ball into box, play through defence, push higer up
And also OIs, only for the dangerous players

Sorry for my english, I have to practise a little bit more the writing part :)

Hi i now you prob get everyone going use this tactic use this tactic , but looking at ur team i really think it would fit with my new tactic give it a go - Bandit Tactic - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Go with control tactic, try that... buy Fellaini if you have money, he was great for me in everton, also Schniderlind ( southampton, spelling ) is cheap and great player.. let me know how it goes ;)

Hi supermatt

Thank you for your reply. But I need not a tactic to test. I need advises to solve this problem.

f.e. I beat chelsea in the quarter finals in cl 4-0 at home, at I lost 6-0 away, despite I used a counter tactic etc. Its really frustrating...

Away games, I have more possession but only a few long shots... I dont know what to set differntly

Hi supermatt

Thank you for your reply. But I need not a tactic to test. I need advises to solve this problem.

f.e. I beat chelsea in the quarter finals in cl 4-0 at home, at I lost 6-0 away, despite I used a counter tactic etc. Its really frustrating...

Away games, I have more possession but only a few long shots... I dont know what to set differntly

no prob mate , could u provide screen shot of tactic so i can have a better look

Thanks homie. Tonight I am gonna load up the screenshots of the tactic and the match stats.

The main issue is: Away games against weaker opposition: a lot off ball poessesion and lots of long shots

Away against stronger teams: again more ball possession and only a few shots...

Sounds like you are lacking movement from deep and players moving between the lines in general.

Sounds like you are lacking movement from deep and players moving between the lines in general.

Hi BetterHalf

What would you recommend me for this issue? Is the distribution from the player duties not good enough?

no prob mate , could u provide screen shot of tactic so i can have a better look

So mate, like I promised, here are to screen shots... I posted It also in a german fm community

CL KO-Phase - please scroll down to the bottom and you will find the screen shots with some comments from me, but I have already told you the issue.

Again to sum up:

The problem: When I play away against weaker or much weaker teams, I have more ball poessession and a lot of long shots (thanks to CR7 :)

I play with the default settings and except the long shots I didnt touch anything.

thanks for your support.

So mate, like I promised, here are to screen shots... I posted It also in a german fm community

CL KO-Phase - please scroll down to the bottom and you will find the screen shots with some comments from me, but I have already told you the issue.

Again to sum up:

The problem: When I play away against weaker or much weaker teams, I have more ball poessession and a lot of long shots (thanks to CR7 :)

I play with the default settings and except the long shots I didnt touch anything.

thanks for your support.

ok looking at your formation looks good itself , what tweaks etci give you are only based on what i know works for me but like all tactics you will need to make them fit and work for you.

ok first if u are leaking silly goals to much change your CB to LD and Cover. If you really want to drop The Alonso role back and change into an Anchor and crazy as it sounds make him the Playmaker.
I'd also change style - balanced and strategy - standard.
change your WB,s to support and if you really wanna change things up get them to cut inside (mad as it sounds)

give that a go mate

ok looking at your formation looks good itself , what tweaks etci give you are only based on what i know works for me but like all tactics you will need to make them fit and work for you.

ok first if u are leaking silly goals to much change your CB to LD and Cover. If you really want to drop The Alonso role back and change into an Anchor and crazy as it sounds make him the Playmaker.
I'd also change style - balanced and strategy - standard.
change your WB,s to support and if you really wanna change things up get them to cut inside (mad as it sounds)

give that a go mate

crazy stuff from you old sport

anchor man as playmaker - -hmm? does it work for you?
For the home games I use also fluid and attacking style, If I am gonna use a different style as fluid for away games, Its not a isse isnt it?

WB to cut inside, but I ve already to IF???

crazy stuff from you old sport

anchor man as playmaker - -hmm? does it work for you?
For the home games I use also fluid and attacking style, If I am gonna use a different style as fluid for away games, Its not a isse isnt it?

WB to cut inside, but I ve already to IF???

get your IF to move into channels instead , yes i use anchor man as playmaker and works.do both homw away games the same and see mate :)

Hi vandamme84, i have a couple of suggestions if what supermatt or anyone else has said doesn't work. First of all i would change the deep lying playmaker to defend, next to him i would have a box to box midfielder to cover both defence and attacking phases. Secondly i would change one of the roles of you wide players. Having two inside forwards cutting in on both flanks seems too predicable. Change one to a winger with either support or attack and keep the IF on attack with the winger with support, or vice versa. Or you could have a winger and a IF with both support, with the idea being supporting your advanced playmaker. The third and final thing i would change is your striker's role to advanced forward rather than DLF. If you have both your IF's cutting inside, your striker dropping deep as well as an advanced playmaker there you a are going to be in one bunched circle. Hope this helps.

Hi vandamme84, i have a couple of suggestions if what supermatt or anyone else has said doesn't work. First of all i would change the deep lying playmaker to defend, next to him i would have a box to box midfielder to cover both defence and attacking phases. Secondly i would change one of the roles of you wide players. Having two inside forwards cutting in on both flanks seems too predicable. Change one to a winger with either support or attack and keep the IF on attack with the winger with support, or vice versa. Or you could have a winger and a IF with both support, with the idea being supporting your advanced playmaker. The third and final thing i would change is your striker's role to advanced forward rather than DLF. If you have both your IF's cutting inside, your striker dropping deep as well as an advanced playmaker there you a are going to be in one bunched circle. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your advices mate, it was priceless. Seems to work.

I changed the following things:
One IF to winger, this was di maria, because he didnt really performe well as IF, now I have more witdh to finde more space against weaker opposition.

ALSO the DLP to support and BWM to BTB MC. Question? Its not a to attacking midfield with these two roles? DLP (defend) BTB M (support)? because I play a 4-2-3-1

And I read that never set the lone strikers duty to attack, because he would be isolated, or is this only for the poacher role?

and I also changed the ballplaying defender (Cover) to central defender (cover) because I have already a dlp and the game building was falulty, many missed passes etc.

thanks you really helped me.

Thanks for your advices mate, it was priceless. Seems to work.

I changed the following things:
One IF to winger, this was di maria, because he didnt really performe well as IF, now I have more witdh to finde more space against weaker opposition.

ALSO the DLP to support and BWM to BTB MC. Question? Its not a to attacking midfield with these two roles? DLP (defend) BTB M (support)? because I play a 4-2-3-1

And I read that never set the lone strikers duty to attack, because he would be isolated, or is this only for the poacher role?

and I also changed the ballplaying defender (Cover) to central defender (cover) because I have already a dlp and the game building was falulty, many missed passes etc.

thanks you really helped me.

Hi vandamme84, glad to help. In answer to your questions, i don't find it too attacking in central midfield because although the dlp is a creative player his other main job is to protect the defence and force players to play around him. Imagine a creative anchor man and you will get the idea. The box to box midfielder helps to link your central midfield to your attacking midfield players so it's perfect really. Your are right to a certain extent regarding lone strikers with attack duties. The poacher won't create any chances for his teammates, but a roles such as deep lying forward or advanced forwards i have found to work perfectly fine as a lone striker with an attack duty. :D