Geordie077

Reaction score
I have been trying to take advantage of some of the tactics submitted on here. The problem being when I download them they are blank and carry no information. My PC then asks me to surf the web to see what programme I can use to open the download. And from there I am stuck. Please help?

You have to place the tactice file in My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 > tactics

When you are in the tactics screen go Tactic > Manage Tactics, and you should be able to import it.

You don't have to open the file with anything. Just save it to the correct folder should be something like ....my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2011/tactics. if the tactics folder isn't there, create it. Or on fm11 you can just save the file somewhere, then start up the game, load a save then go on the tactics screen, select manage tactics, then import and go to the location where you saved the file select it and import.

Thanks for your comments.

I totally get the whole saving/opening the tactics in the FM11 tactics folder but when I download the file it is blank. It takes around 1 second to download and then when I click on it it says I need to select a programme from the web to open it. In effect I am downloading file that has no information on it!!!

Try downloading it with Internet explorer, then you don't need to select a program from the web.

It is still downloaded though. Go to documents > downloads and then find the file and copy it, then go to My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 > tactics (if you dont have a tactics folder create one) then go into game go to tactic manage tactics then click import and it should work.
Hope it helped