kliverpool

Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted something similar a few days ago but I can't seem to find it so I am posting again.

I have used many of the suggested tactics on here including Rock Classic etc etc.. Also have tried creating my own tactics.

However, I am not getting the results that I see other people getting. For example, using Rock Classic I finished 4th with Liverpool in the first season and was quite far behind 3rd place. In the 2nd season I have lost 3 out of the first 5 league matches.

I am starting to think that maybe it is because of management rather than tactics but I can't figure out what it is. I signed Ayestaran to be my assistant and he is handling all the team talks and press conference. Could that be the problem?

I have tried many tactics and started many new games but just cannot get great results.

Would be awesome if someone can suggest what I should do. Thanks! :)

ayestaran handling stuff will only be a problem if its not getting the desired positive reaction or constant negative reaction. on team talks do you not see a lot of green?

I wouldn't download/use tactics unless you have the players who would excel in that tactic. The only time I have had success this year is with the team I support (Spurs) and that is because I know the players and made a tactic/formation to suit their skills.

If an assistant handles team talks, they need excellent motivation stats - Ayesteran doesn't. He is very good at the OIs however, so use him for those. Have a look through your other coaches for someone with motivation of at least 15 (18+ is better) and use that person instead. Just be aware that even if someone has 20+ motivation they can still get the team talks wrong!

Raikan has posted a guide to team talks on this forum somewhere if you want to try handling them yourself. Personally I never let an assistant do it.

Team motivation and happiness is very important if you want to get the best out of players. Don't be afraid if you are losing/drawing at half time (or have lost a match) to get aggressive with your team talk and tell them they suck. Even talk assertively (not aggressively) to individual players who have underperformed (anything less than 6.0) and tell them you are not happy with them.

Likewise, at full time, tell players who have played well that they did so - and if anyone you spoke to at half time that you weren't happy with did improve in the second half, tell them that at the end of the match.

ayestaran handling stuff will only be a problem if its not getting the desired positive reaction or constant negative reaction. on team talks do you not see a lot of green?

yes most of the time I see green.. I don't really think this is the problem because I've seen many experienced players on here that created tactics suggest to let the assistant do team talks. So I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong. :(

If an assistant handles team talks, they need excellent motivation stats - Ayesteran doesn't. He is very good at the OIs however, so use him for those. Have a look through your other coaches for someone with motivation of at least 15 (18+ is better) and use that person instead. Just be aware that even if someone has 20+ motivation they can still get the team talks wrong!

Raikan has posted a guide to team talks on this forum somewhere if you want to try handling them yourself. Personally I never let an assistant do it.

Team motivation and happiness is very important if you want to get the best out of players. Don't be afraid if you are losing/drawing at half time (or have lost a match) to get aggressive with your team talk and tell them they suck. Even talk assertively (not aggressively) to individual players who have underperformed (anything less than 6.0) and tell them you are not happy with them.

Likewise, at full time, tell players who have played well that they did so - and if anyone you spoke to at half time that you weren't happy with did improve in the second half, tell them that at the end of the match.

Thanks a lot for that.

Just want to let you know though that I did start a save once where I signed an assistant manager who were good in motivation instead of Ayestaran (as I thought the problem can be that his 'motivation' skill is low). But my team didn't really do all that well.

Firstly, I would say that getting 4th with Pool is not so bad as the team is not really up for it.

yes most of the time I see green.. I don't really think this is the problem because I've seen many experienced players on here that created tactics suggest to let the assistant do team talks. So I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong. :(

fourth is not a bad shout for first season with Liverpool tbh yeah other players may have won league or whatever but don't rubbish your achievements so easily. just use champs league cash well reinvest and qualify again. it could be match prep related or OI if your getting a lot of green its not forced to be motivational. I woud still take team talks yourself and big press conferences too try and single out the weak link put him under pressure stuff like that.

Firstly, I would say that getting 4th with Pool is not so bad as the team is not really up for it.

I also got knocked out of qualification stage of Europa League so didn't even make the group stages :(. I also got knocked out of other cups quite early so all in all it wasn't very good I think?

fourth is not a bad shout for first season with Liverpool tbh yeah other players may have won league or whatever but don't rubbish your achievements so easily. just use champs league cash well reinvest and qualify again. it could be match prep related or OI if your getting a lot of green its not forced to be motivational. I woud still take team talks yourself and big press conferences too try and single out the weak link put him under pressure stuff like that.

Thank you. I'm still doing pretty badly now as well in the 2nd season. I've always been huge fan of FM- been playing since Championship Manager days haha. But getting so frustrated with this one because tried many tactics that have proven to be a success by so many people but it's not working for me at all. And I have given each tactics I've tried at least 6 months. The one I'm talking about mainly in this thread is the Rock Classic which I've tried over a season.

I also got knocked out of qualification stage of Europa League so didn't even make the group stages :(. I also got knocked out of other cups quite early so all in all it wasn't very good I think?

Well, that depends. Would you say that having those same results with Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham is good enough because Pool is not really any better than them without major transfers.

How did you set up pre-season? Are your tactics fully fluid? If you made many transfers are the team playing cohesively? Is everybody fit? What are your coaches like? How successful was your pre-season? How do you set training?

Pre-season is incredibly important.

To get the team playing well from the get go, there is a miriad of things to do before you even kick a ball in your first competitive match. Personally I hate creating new saves because it takes me so long to get everything set up right before we are anywhere near playing the first match. Even between season it takes me ages !

Here's an example of what I mean:

At the game start, I always load Germany as one of my nations - that way I can start my season at the end of June rather than half way through July.

If not the first season, choose as long a pre-season as possible.

I meet the Chairman (first season only).

I meet my staff.

I hold my first team meeting to introduce myself to the squad (first season only).

I check what my staff are like.

I check what new staff I can sign and start making changes.

I do not sack all staff I want to get rid of in one go, nor do I sign all new staff at once as I will be left with too many gaps. Sign more once some new staff have arrived.

As new staff arrive, more staff choices can open up - another reason not to sign everyone at once.

I set up my team training for pre-season, normally 2/3 weeks of fitness/very high (followed by team cohesion very high) + match training slider all the way to the left + tactics only for match prep + only a day off after each match.

I look at my fixtures, cancel all friendlies that I can and set up new ones against small teams (preferably at home) every 3/4 days.

Once I have done all of that, I start to look at my squad and tactics. And I haven't even pressed "Continue" in the top right corner yet !

Pre-season can set the tone for your entire season - get it wrong and you can be playing catch up for months. Your team could start playing competitive matches unfit, using tactics they are unfamiliar with, playing alongside team mates they don't really know, and with low morale. Pre-season can fix all of that :).