struggling with Roma second season

RichGray

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i had a good season with roma 1st season, finishing 5th. i wanted to improve but a lot of my games i struggle to keep possession and then i let **** teams like atalanta sneak 1-0 wins against me.

My team:
Enke/Doni
Motta Mexes Burdisso/Otamendi Riise

De Rossi Pizarro
Taddei Gourcuff Menez
Milevskyi/Totti

Now, as many of you may know, on paper Gourcuff Totti and De Rossi are all militant from long shots- they constantly blaze them over the bar, same with free kicks. corners are rubbish too, never score any headers at all, even with Milevskyi.

My biggest problem is De Rossi. What is his best place and role, he always gets under 7 match ratings, except for when he occasionally nets a screamer in an unimportant UEFA match. He scores 5 a season IRL, and id like to replicate that a bit. Currently a box to box, Milevski is a targetman, and taddei and menez inside forward attack. gourcuff is an advanced playmaker support, and pizarro is a deep lying playmaker.

any thoughts?

your not likely to score hearder with your wide players set as inside forwards. Try them as wingers having them crossing from the byline

Do you have Milevskyi set as Target Man/Attack?

If you have this setting and the wingers with the 'winger' setting, with 'run to the byline' on, you should find yourself scoring plenty of crosses.

Do you have Milevskyi set as Target Man/Attack?

If you have this setting and the wingers with the 'winger' setting, with 'run to the byline' on, you should find yourself scoring plenty of crosses.

I do.
The only reason i set them as inside forwards is because most of them are poor crossers, Menez and Saivet are natural dribblers. Albin is the only one who has an excellent cross.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:56 PM ----------

cheers lads, its working now, menez and saivet arent that bad, and moving totti to DLF alongside milevskyi has got me some greeat results- 3-1 against AC being the big one. Thanks!

i'm playing with roma and managed to win the seria a and the italian cup in 2nd season, i also got milevsky and gourcuff, and i have to tell that for me the best way to play with them is 4-3-3 with real wingers, i bought barnetta on a free(crosses very good, but fails a lot of made goals) and still have vucinic (scores and assist-my best player atm).. joao moutinho was one of my best midfielders, with brighi (yes he plays football!) u must sell pizarro and play de rossi as a DM, the problem is that he sees a lot of yellow's and red's, but has an average 7. hope this helps. good luck!