winfield

Reaction score
Hello gents, FM2010 is my first Fm2010 so don't be too harsh.

I've managed to get my BSS squad Thurrock to league 2 but I've kind of bottomed out. My average atendance is only like 1000-2000 in a 4500 seat stadium and I can't afford to buy any better players without killing my finances. The matchday earning don't even cover 75% my wage expenditure. I can get mid table positions but I just keep getting my **** handed to me by bigger clubs. Most of my starting 11 squad are earning around $600 pw. I have 2 guys earning 1200. And I'm about 3K under budget. Most squads have 3-4 guys earning 3or4 times my best guys. My sponsorship income is is a pathetic $10K p/a. I'm just not generating enough cash to move up. It's like my 4th season in league 2 and I'm forever stuck trying to maintain a positive income and finishing mid table. Last season I got to the promotion playoffs and my average attendance was like 1500. I run a few cups with bigger teams in the preseason and that barely gets me enough money to cover my expenses for the year. Also I'm affiliated with qpr and no-one ever wants to come on loan :(

So does anyone have any suggestions to improve my situation without cheating?

Bit late mate, but thanks anyway. I've answered my own question in other posts through trial and error (loanees aren't the final answer and they don't help generate income either btw)

Last edited:
Sorry mate, just noticed this!

The thing is, if your attendance is stuck despite relative success, you're fighting a losing battle. Some clubs cannot grow past a certain level, and it seems that your level is 1500 fans - in terms of income, arranging pre-season tours is a good way of generating some cash, given that you can play reserves for some games in order to make more money! There's very little you can do to increase sponsorship other than winning things, unfortunately.

Sorry mate, just noticed this!

The thing is, if your attendance is stuck despite relative success, you're fighting a losing battle. Some clubs cannot grow past a certain level, and it seems that your level is 1500 fans - in terms of income, arranging pre-season tours is a good way of generating some cash, given that you can play reserves for some games in order to make more money! There's very little you can do to increase sponsorship other than winning things, unfortunately.
As I've said I've already sorted this through trial and error. However the only thing I really disagree with is some clubs cannot grow past a certain level. I've taken 3 BSS/BSn teams and lower to premiership and champions league titles and it certainly is more than possible to develop a huge fanbase no matter what.

When I first posted my original query 6 months ago I made poor use of my reserves and u18's and triallists. I made poor use of affiliated clubs and only focused on league and the fa cup. However the FA trophy, JPT are easilly winnable add huge rep and $$$ and taing the time to schedule income generating midweek friendlies using u18's triallist and reserve squads makes a huge difference financially

Bit late mate, but thanks anyway. I've answered my own question in other posts through trial and error (loanees aren't the final answer and they don't help generate income either btw)

So what was the answer??
Im in the same situation as you, but my team should be challenging for play offs, judging by personel, but morale is poor and whatever i do cant change it. At the end of the last season i thought i had found 'the' tactic for my team and my strikers were bangin them in. But now, cant win, cant perform, cant score. Strongly considering resignin and trying to climb the mangerial ladder before returning. What would you recommend?? :S

The start of the season, Organise friendlies with big name teams at home!! Generates big big income for the start of the season. Get good loan players that are worth decent amount of money ( though obviously you wont be paying anything) and also check players out of contract in player search to snap up some golden oldies!! you may also want to check Raikens Bargain bin, Its a downloadable short list with a couple of players that might help you.

So what was the answer??
Im in the same situation as you, but my team should be challenging for play offs, judging by personel, but morale is poor and whatever i do cant change it. At the end of the last season i thought i had found 'the' tactic for my team and my strikers were bangin them in. But now, cant win, cant perform, cant score. Strongly considering resignin and trying to climb the mangerial ladder before returning. What would you recommend?? :S
Teams have adjusted to your style of play and are more likely have a more counter/defensive mindset. Modifying your tactic for a more patient approach to break down defenses should create better and more effective opportunities. Without knowing how you play that's about as specific as I can get. You may getmore help in the tactic section.

As for financing and general admin stuff, most of the stuff I've done successfully involved the stuff I've listed here
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f79/getting-a-new-stadium-t36171.html

Teams have adjusted to your style of play and are more likely have a more counter/defensive mindset. Modifying your tactic for a more patient approach to break down defenses should create better and more effective opportunities. Without knowing how you play that's about as specific as I can get. You may getmore help in the tactic section.

As for financing and general admin stuff, most of the stuff I've done successfully involved the stuff I've listed here
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f79/getting-a-new-stadium-t36171.html

New problem. All players have terrible morale and whatever i do cant change it. Im sliding down the lead as well. What to do??

More supportive/encouraging team talks. At worst schedule a friendly against a team you can thrash 5-0 should help if you've been on a losing streak.

More supportive/encouraging team talks. At worst schedule a friendly against a team you can thrash 5-0 should help if you've been on a losing streak.

i resigned after taking dover to league 1, and with no financial backing. Offered the rangers job with a £6.5 million budget which i gladly accepted

6 months on, back at Dover, finances detirated, squad weakened, but love it, and determined to get back on to the favoured personel list!!!<)

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Last edited:
i resigned after taking dover to league 1, and with no financial backing. Offered the rangers job with a £6.5 million budget which i gladly accepted

6 months on, back at Dover, finances detirated, squad weakened, but love it, and determined to get back on to the favoured personel list!!!

I thought it was impossible to return to a club that you left? I thought the game automatically sets you as "disliked personnel".

Am I mistaken?

It seems from your post that you were previously "favoured personnel" and that at least was removed. How did you get back? Did you resign from Rangers? Did the new Dover manager get sacked? Did you add/retire a new Dover manager just to speed things up?

Previously I have never left a club ive built from scratch as I was worried I would not be able to go back. But now it seems that may not be the case??