Stuttgart - Breaking Bayern dominance.

maxeneize

Reaction score
View attachment 365633
Stuttgart has always been my favourite German club. Ironically, I have never managed them. I have never managed in Germany either, but there is always a first time, ain't it?

Objectives

Win German First Division in 2/3 seasons
Win an European competition for the first time
Win a treble
Win the custom made competition Fifa Champions League
Improve youth and training facilities to the best available.

The club

This was the status of the club when I arrived:

View attachment 365634View attachment 365635

Facilities

View attachment 365636
View attachment 365637

Squad

We have a numerous squad

View attachment 365639View attachment 365640

Pre season is coming. Any ss you want just ask.

Pre Season

View attachment 365641

A great amount of friendlies, mostly in order to gain money with the visits of teams like Madrid and Machester.

Transfers

View attachment 365642

We needed a ML and MR, so Topuz and hom grown Weis arrived. Strandberg and Vikstol will gave depth to the squad.
Ibisevic was our big sale. The transfer budget given was low, so I had to make this sale in order to bring new faces to the ibstitution.

August 2012

Josué is our last minute incorporation. I know him from FM12, I hope he develops equally good in this version.

View attachment 365664

German Cup First round

Offenburg 0-8 Stuttgart
Torun x2 - Gentner - x3 - O.G - Strandberg - Harnik

Poor Offenburg did not have a chance. Just erased them from the field. Hannover awaits us in the second round.

Euro Cup Playoff

Horsens 0-3 Sttutgart
Harnik - Tasci - Holzhauser

We did not play as well as the score suggests, however, this result practically qualifies us to the group stage

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 5-1 Wolfsburg
Gentner - Kvist x4

What a start for the league! I never expected to win so clearly against this opponent. We have only one more shot than Wolfsburg, showing the fact that precision is key in football.

Euro Cup Playoff

Stuttgrt 1-1 Randers
Gentner

I said precision was key right? Well, this match we shot 18 times and had the ball more than 60%. We wnt trough anyway, but we should win against team like Randers.

The only pic that I think is worth showing so far is the cup match. So here it goes

View attachment 365684

Well done for getting 25m for Ibisevic mate!

Well done for getting 25m for Ibisevic mate!

Yeah, I set dollars, so I do not know how many Euros that would be. Nevertheless is a ton of money that allowed me so sign players in the areas I needed.

September 2012

Bundesliga

Augsburg 2-3 Stuttgart
Felipe – Tasci – Holzhuser​
Two goals from set pieces in 11 minutes gave us a comfortable advantage. Advantage that we gave away allowing the opposition to equalize. Luckily, Holzhauser saved the day.​

Stuttgart 1-0 Furth
Niedermeir
Boring game. We played our substitute team taking into account the following European match. Our central defender scored from a corner in the 93rd​ minute and guaranteed 3 points more.

Europa League

(I forgot to ss the draw, so I will have to spoil the following game)
View attachment 365732

Lazio is the team to beat here. I expect 4 points against the Italian side and 6 from the Bulgarian one. That should be enough to go through the group stage.

Lazio 1-4 Stuttgart
Weis – Topuz – Cacau – Strandberg​
Excellent performance in Rome. I can not ask for more.​

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 0-0 Freiburg
We could not beat the bus that Freiburg parked. Still unbeaten though.​

Hoffenheim 1-1 Stuttgart
Cacau​
Lucky draw. Ziegler saved several clear opportunities and we played just badly.

League table

View attachment 365734

Sitting third and unbeaten so far. I consider it a good start.

October 2012

Europa League

Stuttgart 1-0 Ludogorets

Niedermeir

I am very ****** with Harnik. He elbowed a defender and was sent off when they clock marked only 16 minutes. Despite playing with 10 men during practically the whole match, we managed to score from a corner and secure the win.

Bundesliga

Werder Bremen 0-2 Stuttgart

Tasci – Cacau

The solid defence provided this victory. Great result away from home

Stuttgart 3-0 Frankfurt

Hajnal – Janzer – Vikstol

Solid performance, great win. I had to play a youngster because most of my strikers were injured, he was sent off for diving… twice.

Europa League

Stuttgart 2-2 Lyon

Gentner – Weis

We could’ve won, we could’ve lost. A draw is not a bad result against Lyon

Bundesliga

Dusseldorf 1-2 Stuttgart

Janzer – Kvist

A late win. Kvist had to come from the bench to score in the 93rd​ minute. Cacau is the only striker providing, and when he is absent things get complicated.

Tables

View attachment 365801View attachment 365802

Unbeaten so far and leading both the league and the Europa League group. A great start.

November 2012

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 0-0 Leverkusen

How I hate Leverkusen’s goalkeeper. He was a freaking wall.

Europa League
Lyon 1-3 Stuttgart
Holzhauser – Cacau – Gentner

A fantastic win with a fantastic performance of Cacau (1 goal 2 assist) Unless something terrible happens in Bulgaria we will be in the 1st​ knock out round.

Bundesliga

Gladbach 1-2 Stuttgart
Josue – Topuz​

Three points and nothing more

Stuttgart 1-0 Nurnberg
Torun

They did not even shoot. If we start scoring the opportunities we generate we will destroy anyone.

Europa League

Stuttgart 0-0 Lazio
Boring match

Bundesliga

Schalke 1-0 Stuttgart
We had to lose someday…

Stuttgart 4-1 Hannover
Harnik – Janzer x2 – Hajnal

The kind of game we were looking for. Harnik finally scores again.

Tables

View attachment 365924View attachment 365925

In a firce fight against Schalke and Bayern in the League and confortably leading our Europa group.

December 2012

Bundesliga

Hamburg 0-0 Stuttgart

We deserved more… a lot more…

Europa League

Ludogorets 1-3 Stuttgart
Harnik x2 – O.G

Just a two goal difference? I am not impressed, but a win is a win.​

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 1-1 Mainz
Gentner​

German Cup

Hannover 2-0 Stuttgart
The board expected semi finals…​

Bundesliga

Bayern 1-1 Stuttgart
Cacau​
We could’ve won it but Neuer saved a penalty. A point in Munich is not bad.

View attachment 365955View attachment 365956View attachment 365957

Unsatisfactory month, as we only could defeat the weak Bulgarian side. Nevertheless, the fight for the Bundesliga is still fierce, with us, Bayern and Schalke with some confortable advntage over the 4th Wolfsburg.
In the Europa league we beat the group and we will face Rubin Kazab ib the first knock out round.

Mate the Bundesliga is a total ******* so good luck. Having an awful time with WOLFSBURG for two and 2/3 seasons so far trying to overcome BAYERN and DORTMUND.

January 2013

Transfers

View attachment 366129

I wamted to get rid of players that were not going to be taken into account, unfortunately, I could only loan them. As my strikers were not performing well, I brought in an expirienced one. Former french interntional Nicolas Anelka still has great attributes despite his age.

View attachment 366130

Bundesliga

Wolfsburg 0-1 Stuttgart

Weis

Good away win.

Dortmund 1-1 Stuttgart
Weis

Lucky draw, Dortmund was clearly superior.

Stuttgart 2-0 Augsburg

Audel – Holzhauser

Audel spent the first semester injured. Nice way to come back.

League table

View attachment 366131

Nothing has changed, except that now Dortmund is chasing us for the 3rd place

Febraury 2013

Bundesliga

Furth 1-1 Stuttgart

Harnik

What a terrible match. We played disgustingly and we drew against the last of the table.

Stuttgart 2-1 Dortmund

Anelka x2

Anelka starts paying off. We played one of the best matches of the season, but we still suffered to win. Weinderfeller was a beast and on the 80th​ minute Dortmund was awarded a doubtful penalty to equalize. Luckily Anelka was in the right place at the right time and scored the winning goal on the 91st minute.

Freiburg 1-1 Stuttgart

Audel

Another draw against a weaker opposition.

Stuttgart 3-0 Hoffenheim

Strandberg x2 – Gentner

The referee had a hangover I think. He Sent off Weis on the 2nd​ minute and Hoffenheim’s Jano on the 30th​ minute. We dominated the match afterwards

Europa League

View attachment 366165

We managed to draw in the snowy fields of Russia. I could remark that they were awarded a penalty on the 95th​ minute when we were supposed to play up to the 93rd​ minute.

View attachment 366166

Anelka is becoming the star of the team. Will be facing Newcastle in the next round

Table

View attachment 366167

Pretty much the same. Schalke increased the difference to 5 points.

March 2013

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 0-0 Werder Bremen
Yawn​

Frankfurt 1-1 Stuttgart
Holzhauser

I am sick and tired of this ******* draws.

Stuttgart 2-0 Dusseldorf
Anelka – Stranderg

What would I do without Anelka?

Leverkusen 0-0 Stuttgart

I am starting to understand what Mamumad said. Most matches are sooo boring in the Bundesliga

Europa League

View attachment 366290

Crappy defending costs us the win

View attachment 366292

Played horribly. Newcastle was superior and deserved to win.

Table

View attachment 366293

Worst month of the season. Eliminated from the EL and only one win on the Bundesliga. We are still 6 point away from the top and yet to play Schalke and Bayern. Considering our currrent form I doubt we can defeat them though.

Good luck with this mate. I have a save with Dortmund in 2020/21 season now, and destroyed the league every year (apart from 1). Funnily enough, Bayern have always struggled! They finished 9th one season.

April/May 2013

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 2-0 Gladbach
Topuz – Harnik​

Solid performance in all the lines. Harnik returns well from injury

Nurnberg 0-2 Stuttgart
Harnik – Anelka

Clearly dominated this game

Stuttgart 3-0 Schalke
Anelka – Gentner – Harrnik

It was a key match and we clearly won it! Our hopes for the title are well alive.

Hannover 2-1 Stuttgart
Harnik

I can’t believe that after winning so clearly against Schalke this happened.

Stuttgart 0-0 Hamburg

The boring draws returned…

Mainz 1-2 Stuttgart
Holzhauser – Harnik

A good win away, but it was not enough. Bayern has already won the title with one game to play.

Stuttgart 3-1 Bayern
Topuz x2 – Strandberg

At least we could win this derby. Very good performance against one of the best teams in the world

League table

View attachment 366390

Second after all. I r was better than the media prediction, and we will be playing Champions League next season, but I can not think that if we wouldn't hace drwan so many stupid matches we would've been champions.

Final stats

View attachment 366391View attachment 366392

Strandberg proved to be our best signing, followed by Anelka that only played one semester. Overall, I consider Kvist the best player of the season.

Great season mate. Stuttgart are a good side, but no one would have predicted you'd be battling for the title right away. Pretty painful that if only 2 of those draws were wins and you would be holding the league.

Well yes,

In my 3rd season and having a very good squad I still havent won the league (first time it takes me so long). Dortmund and Bayern hardly ever lose (2/3 times max). Just finished 2nd 3 points off Bayern. But I did win the CL and Cup at least ...

So all the best mate ...

Great season mate. Stuttgart are a good side, but no one would have predicted you'd be battling for the title right away. Pretty painful that if only 2 of those draws were wins and you would be holding the league.

Don't even mention it. It is ironic that we defeated both Dortmund and Bayern but drew so many matches against the likes of the relegated Freiburg.

Well yes,

In my 3rd season and having a very good squad I still havent won the league (first time it takes me so long). Dortmund and Bayern hardly ever lose (2/3 times max). Just finished 2nd 3 points off Bayern. But I did win the CL and Cup at least ...

So all the best mate ...

I now understand what you said before about Bundesliga being a *******.

Last edited:
Don't even mention it. It is ironic that we defeated both Dortmund and Bayern but drew so many matches against the likes of the relegated Freiburg.

I now understand what you said before about Bundesliga being a *******.

Mate, you dont know the half of it. I wish that Bayern/Dortmund lose 5/6 times in a season!!!