Conzyy

Reaction score
FourFourTwoHeader.png

GROSS LEAVES STUTTGART(6/7/2010)​
Today it has been announced that Christian Gross has retired from his role at VfB Stuttgart due to what we believe to be a falling out with current owners over transfer policy. Gross has only been at Stuttgart for under a year however he failed to really make a good impression which disappointed fans. Rumours are already piling in over who could replace Gross at the Mercedes-Benz Arena, with complete Rookie Connor Williamson being tipped as favourite due to links from within the club.

sportfootballbbc.jpg
WILLIAMSON TAKES OVER AT STUTTGART(7/7/2010)​
For once it looks like the rumours were true, English rookie manager Connor Williamson has taken over control in Stuttgart controversially, Williamson has never worked within football before which has left fans in amazement over his appointment, many fans are claiming that he has only been appointed purely down to his friendship with the teams director.

Williamson released this statement earlier on; "It's an incredible honour for me to become the manager of such a huge club, I've loved watching German football for years and I can't wait to hopefully make Stuttgart the most successful German team in history. I understand the fans anxiousness over my appointment however I guarantee I will do my very best to ensure that the team fulfils it's potential."

Williamson then went on to announce that he has brought in ex-premiership footballer Tony Coton in as assistant manager.

stuttgartbanner.png

Pre-Season!

Stuttgart will be feeling fairly confident after what can only be regarded as a successful pre-season. Under new the manager Williamson Stuttgart have been playing attractive attacking football, this football has gained Stuttgart 5 wins and 2 draws in the pre-season which will give them confidence coming into the knew season.

pre-season.png

Transfers!

IN

Stuttgart have been fairly quiet during the transfer window signing only two new players, and spending only £6.5 million.

Carlos Kameni
kameni.jpg

The most expensive signing that Stuttgart made was the £5.25 million signing of goalkeeper Carlos Kameni from spanish side Espanyol. Kameni who is 26 has had a fantastic 6 years in Spain however when Stuttgart matched the buyout clause in his contract he was happy to agree terms. Hopefully he enjoys a long successful spell at Stuttgart to make him worth his expensive price-tag.

Vaclav Kadlec
kadlec.jpg

The second signing that manager Williamson has made is securing the signature of young talented striker Vaclav Kadlec from Czech Republican side Sparta Prague. Stuttgart signed Kadlec for only £850k, which is regarded as a bargain as Kadlec has heaps of potential, most defiantly one to keep an eye on in the future.

Stuttgart also managed to obtain Manchester United's right back Rafael on a season long loan for £350k.

OUT
stolz.jpg
The only player to leave Stuttgart over the summer was goalkeeper Alexander Stolz who left after a bid of £1.1million from Hercules was accepted.​

------

Next update will include opening fixtures.

stuttgartbanner.png

July and August!

July and mainly August was a huge month for VfB Stuttgart, it was a chance to see how new manager Connor Williamson could transfer the good form from pre-season into competitive matches.

Stuttgart vs Spartak ZV (Euro Cup 3rd Qual).
gentner.jpg

6-0 aggregate (5-0 and 1-0)All went to plan in for Stutgart in a game they were heavily expected to win. The first leg away from home ended in a 5-0 thrassing of Spartak, including two goals from Christian Genter. The second leg was less convincing however a 1-0 win meant the total aggregate score was exceptionally one sided.

Stuttgart vs Koblenz
cacau.jpg

3-1
The draw was fortunate to Stuttgart matching them against lower league opposition, Stuttgart dominated from the very first minute with Cacau scoring two goals and Cameronesi getting on the scoresheet too. I'm sure they will be disapointed to have not kept a clean sheet however.

Stuttgart vs Aalesund (Euro Cup 4th Qual.)
cameronesi.jpg

3-1
Another European tie put Stuttgart once again against weaker opponents, they managed to show their class and with goals from Audel, Cameronesi and Boulahrouz gave them a fairly confortable 3-1 victory to take to the second leg.

Stuttgart vs Mainz (league)
celebration.jpg
4-0​
What a fantastic way to start the domestic season! Stuttgart dominated from start to finish and record an extremely comfortable victory. Goals from Tasci, Cacau, Kuzmanovic and Boulahrouz put Stuttgart onto the top of the table, somewhere they will be hopinh to remain.

Stuttgart vs Aalesund
1-0​
A professional performance from Stuttgart saw them go to Norway and get a 1-0 victory, this was more than enough due to their impressive first leg performance. This resulted in a 4-1 aggregate victory.

Stuttgart vs FC Bayern
celebration2.png

4-4
Stuttgart surprised everyone in this completely thrilling match that thrilled home supporters at the Mercedes Benz Arena. In what was an end to end game, both teams will more than likely be happy with the point. An impressive hat-trick from Mario Gomez for Bayern didn't secure victory, as a late equalizer Johan Audel set the supporters into complete jubilation, saving Stuttgart the point.

An extremely successful first month at the helm for new manager Williamson, securing victory in every match except from against Bayern in which a draw was more than we expected anways, the good form put us into 5th in the league and secured a group spot in the Euro cup

august-1.jpg

--------------------

Any feedback/Followers?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:42 AM ----------

Any feedback/Followers?

I shall follow this! Good start. Kameni is a class keeper!