Monfils

Reaction score
Guys I need some help. I created my tactic and everything looks fine, except the thing that those 2 cannot score. Suarez has 5 goals in 20 games in league, and is now 10 games without scoring, Carroll is a little better, 11 goals in 20 games. I use 2 winger, Douglas Costa and Kuyt, box to box Steven Gerrard and BWM Lucas... Suarez is advanced forward, and Carroll is attacking target man, with distribution to head. What should i change? Thanks!

Carroll - target man support ( to head )

Suarez - Poacher attack

and the two wingers you are using havent got the best crossing abilities so carroll wont be as effective as he needs supply from wings.. playing gerrard AMR and pushing meireles into cm may work better

I don't think you can really complain about Carrolls goal tally, it's better than one in two at the minute. Suarez is a problem. However, if you are getting a lot of goals from the midfield, I wouldn't worry about Suarez for the time being.

would be better if carrol was supporting and arrived in box late. Marshall said it all, really.

would be better if you werent the red ***** ;) but on topic here, definitely the target man for carroll seems the best idea. kinda looks like you could need a creative force for them. maybe switch gerrard to advanced playmaker on support?
i have charlie adam as advanced playmaker on mine he always slots the ball in for my two strikers and bags a few screamers himself.

One thing to add, make sure Carroll is on the right and suarez on the left, that way theyll cut inside onto their favoured foot and have more of the goal to aim at. Have glen johnson bombing forward a bit more for support too.