• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Luis Suarez says Liverpool can compete for the Premier League title next season if they repeat the form they showed in the second half of last term.

More...

Im sure Liverpool say they can compete for the title every year.

I think id just concentrate on qualifying for the UCL for this year.

I doubt they can even qualify for the UCL next year tbh

Looking for titles? I'd say join Man United, but I'd rather play Wes Brown upfront than have Suarez in my team.

Not next year Suarez. Give it a few and perhaps then.

Why would that be? Suarez's been ****** amazing

Well when you pay 25million or so you expect a few better performances than he has done. Except his cameo against United and a few other good games he has just been OK.
However, With a defence like yours, use will be lucky to qualify for Europa League.

Well when you pay 25million or so you expect a few better performances than he has done. Except his cameo against United and a few other good games he has just been OK.
However, With a defence like yours, use will be lucky to qualify for Europa League.

Is that a chip on your shoulder? Suarez's been ****** brilliant since he joined, I don't think any defence has quietened him. So far, he seems to be able to do everything, from flicking on headers, to leading the line.
Our defence is good, not as good as it could be if Agger were fully fit. But Kelly Carragher Skrtel Johnson, is a good defence.

Is that a chip on your shoulder? Suarez's been ****** brilliant since he joined, I don't think any defence has quietened him. So far, he seems to be able to do everything, from flicking on headers, to leading the line.
Our defence is good, not as good as it could be if Agger were fully fit. But Kelly Carragher Skrtel Johnson, is a good defence.

For starters Glen Johnson cannot defend. Agger is just a heffer, tall lanky/clumsy player. Kelly is unproven. Carragher is getting on. And Skrtel, well he's ok, nothing special but gets the job done.

What Liverpool need to strengthen is their Midfield and Full backs. Unbiased Blue.

Why would that be? Suarez's been ****** amazing

I know people will have a go at me for saying "it was a natural reaction"/"everyone would do it in that situation" but I doubt i'll ever like him after the world cup, not for the actual handball, but for his reactions after it. Perhaps next season he'll put his head down and work and I may gain some respect for him.

anyone actually read the article? His quotes

"The form we showed over the second half of the season bodes well,"

"We've been playing well and I think we've been getting into the type of form that we know we'll have to keep up for a whole season if we want to be title contenders.

"This is something we're optimistic about for next season and if we can hit the ground running and maintain the good form, then I think we've got a good chance of doing well."

All of which is true, their second half form, if they could keep it up would be title challenging. only United were in better form IIRC

anyone actually read the article? His quotes

"The form we showed over the second half of the season bodes well,"

"We've been playing well and I think we've been getting into the type of form that we know we'll have to keep up for a whole season if we want to be title contenders.

"This is something we're optimistic about for next season and if we can hit the ground running and maintain the good form, then I think we've got a good chance of doing well."

All of which is true, their second half form, if they could keep it up would be title challenging. only United were in better form IIRC

Yup we'd have finished joint second if the season started when Kenny came.

For starters Glen Johnson cannot defend. Agger is just a heffer, tall lanky/clumsy player. Kelly is unproven. Carragher is getting on. And Skrtel, well he's ok, nothing special but gets the job done.

What Liverpool need to strengthen is their Midfield and Full backs. Unbiased Blue.

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

Troll.

Liverpool amassed the second most points in 2011 since Suarez's move.. How can anyone say that he has been 'avarage'. The move has lifted the whole team and Dalglish has got them playing to the best of their abilities. Suarez was one of the best players, post December. Carroll hasn't done an awful lot but he has been riddled with injuries. If they can start the next campaign the way they finished the last then I don't see why they can't bid for the title.

I've already forgotten about his actions in the World Cup, it was an automatic reaction, anyone would do what he did in his position, it's the World Cup! The biggest tournament on the planet. Yes, they deserved to go out but Ghana simply shouldn't have missed that penalty, Uruguay were punished for what happened and Ghana didn't capitalise.

Maybe mods should fix thread title for every thread BBC mot creates ;)

Headline is so different from actual content. Well done BBC. Now a days no one is even getting fooled as this has become norm and everyone(At least most of them) are aware of this..

Maybe mods should fix thread title for every thread BBC mot creates ;)

Headline is so different from actual content. Well done BBC. Now a days no one is even getting fooled as this has become norm and everyone(At least most of them) are aware of this..

BBC Sport is a complete joke these days

Looking for titles? I'd say join Man United, but I'd rather play Wes Brown upfront than have Suarez in my team.

Now you're just being stupid :).

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

You dont know anything about football, do you ?

Last edited:
Back