Suarez: "The form we showed over the second half of the season bodes well"

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3K
They did play well but for me there is still a long way to go. For me they still need 2-3 players to mount a proper bid for a CL place next season.

Looking for titles? I'd say join Man United, but I'd rather play Wes Brown upfront than have Suarez in my team.

Can't agree with you on that mate. I wanted him before the Ghana match & I certainly still want him after it, he's a fantastic player. I don't think he'll stay too long at Liverpool if they're not in Europe let alone winning silverware.

Luis Suarez <3

We've gotta concentrate on top 4 next season, I personally think with a couple more signings (the right ones) we will get there.

I think nisi what's his face made some reasonable points about your defence. Glen Johnson isn't a left back, I personally don't rate Skrtel and Carragher is in decline, although he is as passionate as ever and can still do a job. I think Dalglish knows this though, and will act accordingly in the transfer market.

I think Suarez has been to Liverpool what Hernandez has been for United - a breath of fresh air and an immediate hit with the fans. To question his performances for Liverpool is quite bizarre

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Luis Suarez <3

We've gotta concentrate on top 4 next season, I personally think with a couple more signings (the right ones) we will get there.

The thing is, everyone will strengthen in the summer. Who of the current top 4 can you see Liverpool replacing? It's a big ask, but I think you'll be more competitive next season

Well Dann's joining. Cissokho/Enrique/Clichy, also. So our backline may end up like...
Johnson(Robinson)
Carragher(Skrtel)
Kelly/Dann(Agger, perhaps sold)
Cissokho/Enrique/Clichy(Aurelio, Flanno)
And then the young blood, like Coady/Wisdom/Ayala etc all capablee of filling in.

Even though confidence was at an all-time low and they didn't have their two stars that they've depended on for years, after Dalglish took over Liverpool had the highest point total (though maybe ManU overtook them in the last couple of games). Apparently they'll sign many more players this season. To be honest I would be very surprised if Liverpool didn't make a title challenge next season.

Well Dann's joining. Cissokho/Enrique/Clichy, also. So our backline may end up like...
Johnson(Robinson)
Carragher(Skrtel)
Kelly/Dann(Agger, perhaps sold)
Cissokho/Enrique/Clichy(Aurelio, Flanno)
And then the young blood, like Coady/Wisdom/Ayala etc all capablee of filling in.

Cissokho would be excellent signing. He has boundless energy and provides width with his overlapping runs for entire 90 mins. And he is very string physically and would bully anyone in the set pieces.

But since he is contracted to Lyon, its tough to get him on any decent price..

The thing is, everyone will strengthen in the summer. Who of the current top 4 can you see Liverpool replacing? It's a big ask, but I think you'll be more competitive next season

Man City or Arsenal. City are going to lose Tevez and while they may spend big they may have to gel AGAIN. Arsenal aren't gonna spend majorly, and their form was pretty poor back end of this season. Anything can happen.

Man City or Arsenal. City are going to lose Tevez and while they may spend big they may have to gel AGAIN. Arsenal aren't gonna spend majorly, and their form was pretty poor back end of this season. Anything can happen.

In fairness, city's issues arent to do with gelling and more to do with mancinint taking the gamble, but both sides are in better shape than liverpool, you got a tough job on your hands

I think that you need some proper pace on the wings, such as lennon or walcott so that you can constantly put crosses into carroll, then maybe an extra defender and you could easily be winners

I think that you need some proper pace on the wings, such as lennon or walcott so that you can constantly put crosses into carroll, then maybe an extra defender and you could easily be winners

Walcott/Lennon aren't good crossers really. I'd prefer a nice blend of them both IE Juan Mata, but I agree with the Carroll statement.

It all depends on everyone's start to the season, I could see any of the teams slipping out of the top 4 to be honest, they're all capable of taking points off each other. One thing's for sure, it will be the most open season in the Premiership yet, and I can't wait for it.

Hold your horses, Liverpool arent just a quick winger and a defender away from be an " Easily" winning title side.

No doubt they where better in teh 2nd half of the season, but everyone predicted that anyway.( well the ones with common sense did, IE Me and a few others ;) )

I think they will finish in the top 4 next year, but it will be a struggle.

Hold your horses, Liverpool arent just a quick winger and a defender away from be an " Easily" winning title side.

No doubt they where better in teh 2nd half of the season, but everyone predicted that anyway.( well the ones with common sense did, IE Me and a few others ;) )

I think they will finish in the top 4 next year, but it will be a struggle.

Insted of who??? At the moment i would have to say Arsenal surely?

If I'm honest I'd say any of the current top teams could finish outside of 4th place.But it's unfair to predict until transfers are done.

Back on topic, nice one BBC sport (and whilst I'm at it that Phil McNulty is a right ****** too), completely misquoting Suarez, and I daresay they got what he said wrong anyway, not sure on his level of English yet but I don't know many hispanics who use a sentence along the lines of "bodes well".

As for the conversation in general, nah, we won't title challenge, top four isn't that far out of the realms of reality though. Likewise, at the expense of Arsenal, particularly if they lose Nasri and Clichy. I predict a united title again unfortunately

In fairness, city's issues arent to do with gelling and more to do with mancinint taking the gamble, but both sides are in better shape than liverpool, you got a tough job on your hands

We're very much in transition though. If we can add some width, a solid defender or 2 and sort the problematic full-back areas out we could finish top 4, which is the most important thing. I don't think our side will be complete for at least 2 seasons. As FbP has said though, next season is certainly going to be open and exciting.

anyone actually read the article? His quotes

"The form we showed over the second half of the season bodes well,"

"We've been playing well and I think we've been getting into the type of form that we know we'll have to keep up for a whole season if we want to be title contenders.

"This is something we're optimistic about for next season and if we can hit the ground running and maintain the good form, then I think we've got a good chance of doing well."

All of which is true, their second half form, if they could keep it up would be title challenging. only United were in better form IIRC

probably but when u see the quality they will come against to challenge for the title..... Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man Utd

all said and done about their second-haf form, most Pool fans will take a top 4 finish I think

probably but when u see the quality they will come against to challenge for the title..... Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man Utd

all said and done about their second-haf form, most Pool fans will take a top 4 finish I think

dont disagree with that, but Suarez's point is that if they kept the that 2nd half form all the way, it would be title challenging form.

Back