Successful feeder teams/youth recruitment?

MillerJA9

Reaction score
I've been given the option of choosing a feeder club for my Coventry side in the Championship. I imagine I'll be looking to 3* and below reputation teams (as these are the only ones likely to form an agreement) and I'm just a tad stuck on who to go for.

I'm not looking for any increased merchandising, just to simply increase the prospect of signing better youngsters, whether it be through youth intake or from the feeder clubs youth team.

Now, few questions. I imagine the team I choose will have to have a decent youth system/junior coaching themselves. Does this make a huge difference?

Does the country I choose from really matter? Ie in regards to work permits / whether I have the country loaded or not? I've seen some Mexican clubs who have good facilities yet no regens coming through, don't want to waste my time in such cases. Also, whether I'd be able to sign said players due to work permit issues is a biggy.

Have you had any success stories in regards to feeder clubs? Noticed any talented players coming through your youth set-up of the same nationality / been able to poach youngsters from your feeder club?

I also hear scouting knowledge can also influence the quality and nationality of the youngsters acquired through youth intake, anyone vouch for this?