Successful Tactics WITHOUT THROW-IN EXPLOIT (Share it here)

dimartino

Reaction score
The title pretty much says it all.
As I think there is a silent majority of FM loyal players, that are simply horrified with the idea of using such a DREADFUL exploit, but still want to overachieve and have a decent level of success, this is the place where you can share your experience with tactics without the exploit.
So all this tactics shared here MUST BE WITHOUT the horrible throw-in exploit.
Please feel free to upload tactics that originally had the exploit, but still work great after you removed it.

Come on! Let the real fun begin, without those awful throw-in goals!

As far as I know, all of my tactics should work without throwin exploit as they rarely score from them.
I added them because it doesn't hurt to add few more goals through set pieces now and then
19.3 version of throw-in exploit really only works well when it's combined with just right PIs and TIs which only few authors really abuse
Most of good tactics should work well without throwin exploit because of this

As far as I know, all of my tactics should work without throwin exploit as they rarely score from them.
I added them because it doesn't hurt to add few more goals through set pieces now and then
19.3 version of throw-in exploit really only works well when it's combined with just right PIs and TIs which only few authors really abuse
Most of good tactics should work well without throwin exploit because of this

I started a save with a TFF tactic recently and decided to embrace the throw-in exploit, as almost every tactic has it. After the first oficial match (an even match, I was not favourite) I gave up. I scored 3! from throw-in, all of them very similar goals: throw in taken to the winger, cross to the strangely lonely striker and... goal. I was already plying with FMT19.3.4.

I started a save with a TFF tactic recently and decided to embrace the throw-in exploit, as almost every tactic has it. After the first oficial match (an even match, I was not favourite) I gave up. I scored 3! from throw-in, all of them very similar goals: throw in taken to the winger, cross to the strangely lonely striker and... goal. I was already plying with FMT19.3.4.

As I said... "most" tactics should be fine after removing it not all

Game breaker

Yup
krhXidG
krhXidG

Last edited:
My UNPLUGGED tactics are without the long throw or short corner.

My UNPLUGGED tactics are without the long throw or short corner.

Yes mate, I know. But your unplugged tactics simply don't cut it! There are at least a dozen of your tactics that once you remove the trow exploit, still work a lot better that your unplugged ones.

I find it disturbing that there aren't more people sharing my search for great throw-in exploit free tactics. Is everyone just happy and conformed using the exploit? To be honest, and being a FM fan for 25 years, since the Commodore Amiga (yes, I'm that old!), it almost makes me puke to see my team score 30/40% of the goals from the exploit. It makes me turn the machine off in disappointment. This is not a critic for those who use it, as (obviously) everyone is free to play as they want, but actually just an "outflow" of frustration.

Set Piece boost wins and goals. No reason to not want it.

Yes mate, I know. But your unplugged tactics simply don't cut it! There are at least a dozen of your tactics that once you remove the trow exploit, still work a lot better that your unplugged ones.

Which tactics worked and what was the set piece set up did you use?

I find it disturbing that there aren't more people sharing my search for great throw-in exploit free tactics. Is everyone just happy and conformed using the exploit? To be honest, and being a FM fan for 25 years, since the Commodore Amiga (yes, I'm that old!), it almost makes me puke to see my team score 30/40% of the goals from the exploit. It makes me turn the machine off in disappointment. This is not a critic for those who use it, as (obviously) everyone is free to play as they want, but actually just an "outflow" of frustration.

Totaly agree. I'm of the same generation as you, by the sounds of it, and I find it monumentally unfulfilling using exploits in my tactics. Like you, i'm not a an FM ****, that wants everyone to conform to my vision of how FM should be played, but I simply shudder at the idea that this game, that's been a part of my life for more time than my wife and kids, has descended to such a level that you need these exploits in order to have a successful tactic. The offering from SI this season has been nothing short of horrendous. I have actually managed to make a couple of tactics that are mostly successful, but even so, the aesthetics of them still leaves a huuuuuuuuuuge amount to be desired.

First game with Cardiff tactic and scored 2 from corners with 10 men!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Modern interpretation of the 4-4-2, my best tactic I have created on FM so far in many many years.

No but i've tried several tactics over the years, even on this save, and nothing come close in terms of consistency of results. I made a thread on it with the download link if you would like to check it out (in the share tactics section)

Just because people do not respond directly does not mean you are the only one ;)
I'm a bit younger, a CM player since 2000/2001 i guess.

I have had several tactics this season that do not rely on set pieces exploit.
My personal favorite is 'Liverpool History In The Making' or something. But it is sometimes hard for me, because I like asymatric systems with a wide playmaker (LM), a winger, an AM and one striker. But I now finally find one, so I'm finally into a longer save :)

What is your favorite tactic and system?

hey guys what's up, does anyone knows a good tactic for fm 19 19.1.1 update?