MonkTheSavior

Reaction score
Hi! So I started managing FC Twente mid season and i created a tactic that worked great. In my first 40 games i've won 34 and lost only 2 than suddenly my team srated playing like ****, not scoring goals and losing to really bad teams. Can anyone think of a reason why this might be happening ? What can cause such a sudden form change ? Thanks

teams are getting use to the tactic and are learning how to counter it, make a few adjustments with it or use another

But I changed the tactic slightly every couple of games and it just doesnt work anymore :/

Maybe your player are getting complacent. Shake things up every now and then. Play a safe formation and tactic, then after 20-30mins, if your defense looks sound, start playing more adventurously. Discipline poor performances and drop players who aint playing well (what good are stats when he can't play!)

sometimes discipline them makes things worse... they will complain to the media saying that they are unhappy with my teamtalks..! wtf

True this happened to me with my Nottingham Forest.. how did it go for you mate and did you manage and what you did? I did a team meeting and they got 2wins in the league and a home win against Man city 4-1 !!!

What kind of teamtalks are you having. If they get repetitive, the players simply don't respond.

My team usually hits bad form somewhere in february/march. Try to keep positive, as harsh teamtalks barely work when things are going bad for you. Try to keep players' morale high. If you have only one match a week, try and arrange a friendly vs. some low class club to get your strikers back in form and the team's morale back up.