Suggestions are needed and greatly appreciated

Reaction score

screengrab

Hi guys!
I need your suggestions on how to make things work. I only ask you not to advise me to change the formation nor the player roles because that's what fits my squad and that's how I'd love to play.
Any tip, team instruction, player instruction etc. will be appreciated since I'm struggling defensively and after countless hours I haven't been able to come up with a consistent tactic. Sometimes I play really well, score a lot of goals and play fairly good defense but when I play against tougher teams the defense kinda breaks.

so you do not want us to offer you advice on formations and player roles? yet you are conceding goals?

set more roaming and crossing to drill!

play offside if you are playing high up the field

oh and Hummels should not really be used as a stopper...

so you do not want us to offer you advice on formations and player roles? yet you are conceding goals?

set more roaming and crossing to drill!

play offside if you are playing high up the field

oh and Hummels should not really be used as a stopper...

Don't take me wrong, I just didn't want to change the formation and the roles because that's how I want to build my team in years to come and also the kind of squad I enjoy. Don't think I'm being arrogant :D
I feel I should play a stopper to supress the lack of DMC. Am I right, wrong?

that is right, rather use Rolando for stopper! or Otamendi if you still have him

CM defend has default run from deep never which will let him sit deeper while the AP and B2B push forward..

I still feel that dropping Yann to DM would sure up the defence as you say you are conceding, playing with WB's and two quite attacking central mids will mean lots of space...

I would drop CMC to DM

maybe play a more direct game as well, getting the ball up the field quickly to your great wingers, even focus passing outwide to get them involved as much as possible and use run at defence shout

Haha someone's been cheating with the editor, Hummels, Jovetic, Goetze, Ter Stegen, M'Vila all at Porto in the first transfer window?

that is right, rather use Rolando for stopper! or Otamendi if you still have him

CM defend has default run from deep never which will let him sit deeper while the AP and B2B push forward..

I still feel that dropping Yann to DM would sure up the defence as you say you are conceding, playing with WB's and two quite attacking central mids will mean lots of space...

I would drop CMC to DM

maybe play a more direct game as well, getting the ball up the field quickly to your great wingers, even focus passing outwide to get them involved as much as possible and use run at defence shout

I believe these tips will be gold. Later on I'm trying them and see and will they work.
Another thing that concernes me is the productivity of the IF's. I know it's a tough job to make a team with 2 IF cutting inside (but who doesn't love the Dortmund style, or Bayern style withe Robben and Ribéry causing damage from the wing and switching with each other? - that's what I'm trying to implement)
As for the B2B being to offensive, I'm instructing with not to press full court and to roam more around midfield (I hope it will work out)
Thank you so much for your time and expertise, I'm eager to try you tips!

Haha someone's been cheating with the editor, Hummels, Jovetic, Goetze, Ter Stegen, M'Vila all at Porto in the first transfer window?

lol, I normally always check what year they are in :) I assumed he was at least 3/4 seasons in with a team like that.. yeah I think he has :p

but each to their own, does not mean we cannot offer him advice and help him out :)

In my opinion you won't get anywhere in this game without a DM - in fact in anything I try now I use two.

I believe these tips will be gold. Later on I'm trying them and see and will they work.
Another thing that concernes me is the productivity of the IF's. I know it's a tough job to make a team with 2 IF cutting inside (but who doesn't love the Dortmund style, or Bayern style withe Robben and Ribéry causing damage from the wing and switching with each other? - that's what I'm trying to implement)
As for the B2B being to offensive, I'm instructing with not to press full court and to roam more around midfield (I hope it will work out)
Thank you so much for your time and expertise, I'm eager to try you tips!

I am busy working on the Klopp tactic at the moment myself! I have 2 testing it out and are all still unbeaten as I am (league only) and seriously giving teams a hiding with over 60% possession, sometimes more than 70% and created ccc's etc..

there are quite a few things not right with your approach and formation if you are wanting to recreate Klopps tactic mate :)

Trades. I traded Moutinho for Hummels and Otamendi and James Rodríguez for Gotze. Jovetic, Ter Stegen, Garmash, were paid in installments...Spent around 90M€ in transfers and received around 55M€. I also got Willems, Markovic, Wellington Nem, Fierro (loan), Yttergard Jensen, Skiljbred, Milanov and Okore.
Most of you may not believe me but it's up to you, that's how it worked. Offered Moutinho for 30M€ and Dortmund showed interest and I suggested a trade for Hummels and they accepted. I was surprised and decided to try to work out another trades. Then tried the same thing with James for Gotze and and they rejected, so I offered Otamendi, Dortmund showed interest and I decided to include him in the trade and it worked Same thing with Fernando for Pjanic.
Ps.: those who doubt it just try it if you're calling me a liar.
Anyways, I'm not here for that...I'm here because took me a lot of effort to assemble this squand and now they can't play properly...

Trades. I traded Moutinho for Hummels and Otamendi and James Rodríguez for Gotze. Jovetic, Ter Stegen, Garmash, were paid in installments...Spent around 90M€ in transfers and received around 55M€. I also got Willems, Markovic, Wellington Nem, Fierro (loan), Yttergard Jensen, Skiljbred, Milanov and Okore.
Most of you may not believe me but it's up to you, that's how it worked. Offered Moutinho for 30M€ and Dortmund showed interest and I suggested a trade for Hummels and they accepted. I was surprised and decided to try to work out another trades. Then tried the same thing with James for Gotze and and they rejected, so I offered Otamendi, Dortmund showed interest and I decided to include him in the trade and it worked Same thing with Fernando for Pjanic.
Ps.: those who doubt it just try it if you're calling me a liar.
Anyways, I'm not here for that...I'm here because took me a lot of effort to assemble this squand and now they can't play properly...

How about M'Vila? Just signed to Russia, so very unlikely to go. Pretty sure Götze, Hummels and Jovetic would have some doubts about going to play in Portugal.