mattm1

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a problem, I'm not able anymore to do some good results.

I create a team, and hire the best player, but this guys are not even able to arrive in Europa league. this team can be challenge the barclays premier league easily, or at least fight for the 2/3 place.

I attac you the link of the save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7dN7nSwCHurSnItV1kwN1ZYN0E

Are there someone who want to discuss a bit about this?
I would like to understand where the problems are, and why is so under perdorming..

thanks,
Matt

Firstly, what are your actual issues?

Secondly, please provide some insight into how your tactic (with 17 Team Instructions!) is supposed to function. There doesn't seem to be much of a plan apart from having FIVE players on attack duties, bombing forward, with a B2B midfielders close by. Only 3 is staying back and there appears to be huge gaps between your attacking lot and the 3 that stays back. So, an explanation of why you chose the Mentality, each Team Instruction, each role and each duty and how the tactic is supposed to work based on that would go a long way.

For reference later, this is the tactic: View attachment 168479

Last edited:
Hello WJ,

thanks for the first insight.
Actually, as you can imagine, my idea is to have a strongly offensive team, but this year I can't find the equilibrium between defense and attack.

I notice that, I'm able to have a very important ball possession, often above 60%, even with strongest team like liverpool, a lot of shots (20/25), and 10/15 on target. My point is the incredible amount of goal my attack players DON'T make. I have Ibra, tevez, dybala and similar potential crack, but they don't score. And the same for the Midfielder and the wings. They shoot out, they shoot against the opponents. I've tried to remove the long shoot, and to create more actions, but nothing.
I will provide you some screen of the instructions. I know there are alot, I'm tryeing to remove some!

You can already see the instructions on the screenshot I posted. The tactic seems to be (I haven't watched matches) very narrow, with very short passing. With all those attack duty players bombing forward, I imagine it'll be extremely congested around the opponent's penalty area, so although you'll get shots off, the quality of shots will be poor due to them not having time or space.

You've not provided any explanations though. It's not just for my benefit, but your own as well. You may discover flaws in your own thinking by trying to explain and justify reasons for choosing something.

Well, my idea is to create a tacticts who let me use at 100% all my wonderkids and world level player, so, possession and scoring. Like Barca with Pep..

The i've take a screen of my last changes, in formation and in instructions. Sorry, they are in Italian..
do you think that this can be a good solution?

View attachment 168090

This year I'm not able to find the right instructions to dominate the field! :)

Let's say, the guys need more space, like you said, because the problem is there.. too many people in not enough space, it leads to a shoot vs the wall.

Well, my idea is to create a tacticts who let me use at 100% all my wonderkids and world level player, so, possession and scoring. Like Barca with Pep..
The explanations are still missing though. This isn't possession orientated and it certainly isn't Pep's Barcelona.

There's no patience regarding players making runs. No effective use of space. Everyone just seems to be bombing forward. I seem to keep saying this. You're sending the whole team into the penalty area, so you're compressing space as you're forcing most of the opposition deep and narrow. The result is a very crowded final third.

How are you actually planning to 'dominate' midfield in actual, practical terms? What does the term mean to you?

You talk about possession. Who are the players who are supposed to be keeping possession. You'll need passing options around players, so there needs to be quite a lot of support play happening.

Then, you talk about scoring. Who are you looking at to be the main creator(s)? How will the be supplying the players expected to score? Who are you looking at to score goals?

Last edited: