Sunderland £25.5m in the red

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The Premier League club Sunderland has made an annual loss of £25.5m in a year of 'growth and development'.

More...

The figures do not include Darren Bent's £18m move from Sunderland to Aston Villa, which was announced last month.

And they broke their transfer record for Gyan. Result? They look good for a Europa league spot. The headline is a misnomer

I agree it's a non story. As Winfield said, they left it until the very end to state the figures don't include the sale of Darren Bent. They'll be in profit by the end of the season again when prize money gets awarded.

I agree it's a non story. As Winfield said, they left it until the very end to state the figures don't include the sale of Darren Bent. They'll be in profit by the end of the season again when prize money gets awarded.

From what I read in the paper, it doesn't include Gyan's transfer fee either, though.

From what I read in the paper, it doesn't include Gyan's transfer fee either, though.

The story is really confusing, it says up to July 2010, which means it doesn't include Gyan but it also says they spent £26m on transfers, surely that includes Gyan, it also has a picture of Gyan.. Confusing.

Also this may make me sound like a moron, but who is the owner of Sunderland?

Didn't Quinn say Bent was being paid for in installments though?

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

The story is really confusing, it says up to July 2010, which means it doesn't include Gyan but it also says they spent £26m on transfers, surely that includes Gyan, it also has a picture of Gyan.. Confusing.

Also this may make me sound like a moron, but who is the owner of Sunderland?

Ellis Short, rich American.