Sunderland 2-4 Chelsea

Again, rotating with Essien. Likewise Benayoun can slot in either in Anelka or Lampard's place.

Ye i think that would be a logical way to do it, makes their team look very strong with a LOT of depth, although Im not sure you can rotate players like Ramires and Malouda after spending so much on them, they will have to play a lot of games to make them worth while.

I think with the versatility of many of Chelsea's players you can probably play a fair few formations effectively, just up to Carlo to decide on how he wants it I guess.

4-3-1-2 is the way to go for me. Slight variation on a formation Ancelotti is very familiar with: the Christmas Tree. With a back four with two buccaneering fullbacks, Obi holding and Essien using his workrate and stamina to play box-to-box with Lampard playing a slightly more attacking minded role to the right of the three. Anelka would drift around looking for space behind a front two of Torres and Drogba.

Could work.

Anelka was the best player on the pitch tonight, and he seemed to be playing very deep. I think having him behind Drogba and Torres would cause havoc!

VERY happy with the win tonight this could be Anelkas new role and we seemed to change formation tonight maybe preparing for Nando, cant wait for Sunday!!

I shall be watching the game on the weekend with great interest. Despite all Chelsea's problems recently, I still class them as our main challengers even they are 10 points behind. Should be very interesting to see what formation and which players Ancelotti picks and the reactions of the players.

Anelka was the best player on the pitch tonight, and he seemed to be playing very deep. I think having him behind Drogba and Torres would cause havoc!

Nico was very good tonight indeed. As you watched the game mate say if we had Torres insted of Kalou today that system would have worked still do you rekon?? On a Sunderland note you were very good today and Sessengon looked very impressive.

Great win for Chelsea. Sunderland seem to lack a little in the middle without Cattermole, there's just no real bite in there. Malbranque was a complete work horse tonight though and looked good, same for Henderson however a few of his long ball passes were quite poor. Cattermole and Muntari in the centre though will be fantastic, and I think Sunderland could break into Europe this season.

Anelka was out of this world and you would never guess he's in his 30's after tonight's performance.

Not a disaster tonight, obviously Chelsea are back to their old selves.

What Gordon was doing for Kalou's goal and being out that far, I do not know.

We still beat you 5-4 on aggregate :p