deGers

Reaction score
Microsoft Co-Founder completes takeover of Sunderland
Microsoft Co-Founder Paul Allen has completed his takeover of Premier League Club Sunderland. Paul Allen co-founded Microsoft along with Bill Gates, and is the 48th richest man on the planet. Allen also holds shares in MLS side Seattle Sounders, but made clear is ambitions of being a Premier League Owner:

“It’s a proud moment for me in my life. I have always been a fan of football, and when I first became a businessman, I wanted to own a football club. Microsoft is very huge, however Bill Gates is more the Microsoft Man now. I still have some shares in the Sounders aswell though. Yes, the Sounders are a good football club. However, they are not on a Global Scale. The Premier League is the greatest football league in the world. Sunderland, are a great team. My ambitions with Sunderland are very clear. I want them to be competitive, not only for the league, but in European competitions aswell. Within 3 years, I expect Sunderland to be in the Champions League. As an American, I know American players and Managers better, well, non-Americans. I will be unveiling a new manager soon, who I believe can lead the club to success. He is American, and has managed the USA National Side. I hope the Sunderland fans can get behind me. I want nothing but the best for this club. I want the fans on board.”

View attachment 263423

Sunderland Announce Bob Bradley as Manager
New Sunderland owner Paul Allen has announced that former USA manager Bob Bradley will be the new Manager of Sunderland. Bradley led the USA into the 2010 World Cup, where they reached the Last 16. Bob Bradley is very pleased to be given a chance of managing a Premier League club:

“I am honoured and exited that Mr Allen has let me have the opportunity of being a Premier
League manager. The World Cup was a challenge. But this is a whole new level. I am now a manager
in the greatest league in the world, alongside some great managers. I am not aware of some of
the younger managers or indeed managers of the ‘smaller clubs’. But obviously, I know Alex
Ferguson very well, as do the majority of people on the planet. Arsene Wenger and Kenny Dalglish
are also great people, who I will be up against. Me and Mr Allen share the same ambitions.
We think this club could be competing in the Champions League in 3 years time. This means, we
expect to be in the Top 4 of the Premier League after my 2nd year in charge of the club.
The club now has funds, which means this can compete in a very active transfer market.
I need to speak to some of the players first, then I will decide who will be leaving,
if any, and who will stay. It is very exciting for us at the club, and I hope it is equally
as exciting for the fans of this great club aswell”.

View attachment 263424

Sunderland reveal new Badge and Sponsorship

Sunderland have revealed a new badge, and a new sponsorship deal, ahead of the new Premier League season. The badge has actually been used before by Sunderland, in the 90's. New owner Paul Allen said: "that going back to an old badge would be great, as the older fans would be very familiar with it." The badge features a Ship, and a football, aswell as Red and White stripes.

They also revealed a new shirt sponsorship deal with Microsoft. Mr Allen said: "that what better company for the club to be sponsored by, then one that I co-founded." Sunderland also now have a new Shirt design, not featuring the familiar Red and White stripes. Instead, it features a mainly red kit, with a white diagonal stripe going from Left to Right.

View attachment 263432 View attachment 263433

You should edit the stadium name too!

Sunderland Make first 3 Signings
Sunderland have announced that they have signed Three 'Top European Players' but admit they still want to sign more players. The first of the three to sign was Ajax captain Jan Vertonghen, for £8m. Vertonghen said he is excited at what Sunderland want to do, and it was ideal for him to join them. The second was Malaga's Spanish winger Joaquin. It is understood the deal was a little short of £4m, but is on a high wage at the club. The third was PSG winger Nene, who also joined for around £4m.

New manager Bob Bradley said he was delighted to welcome all three of them to the club, and admits they are keen on signing '4 or 5 new players'.

Titus Bramble and Simon Mignolet have both already left the club for around £3m, and James McClean was released by the club. It is also understood Jack Colback is to choose between Fulham or Southampton, for an agreed fee of £2.5m.

View attachment 263435 View attachment 263436 View attachment 263437
(From left to right, Jan Vertonghen, Nene and Joaquin, are Bob Bradley's first three signings as Sunderland boss)