Reaction score
View attachment 135042

In the North of England, football is more than just a game. Pride and Passion is the
local currency in this beautiful game. With a local rivalry burning as strong as any
in the country, this football clubs is poised to make it's mark int he English game.

History

The Black Cats are enjoying an 8 years spell of Premier Division consistency after
enduring a 5 year spell of yo-yo'ing between the Top division and the Championship.
The club will be hoping they can scrap their way out of their bottom half status and no
longer be one of the teams regularly contesting a relegation battle. Pushing into mid-table
status and aiming to eventually contest the Europa League spots is where our ambitions are.

View attachment 135041
Transfers:

The biggest transfer fee Sunderland have ever received for one of their players is £24
million for
Darren Bent who moved to Aston Villa on 18 January 2011. The biggest fee
Sunderland have received for a player produced by the Sunderland academy is £16
million (rising to a possible £20 million) for
Jordan Henderson, who moved to Liverpool
on 9 July 2011. The biggest transfer fee paid by Sunderland is the eventual £16 million
after add-ons for Bent, who was bought from
Tottenham Hotspur
in July 2009.

View attachment 135040
View attachment 135039
The Stadium of Light is the 5th Largest Stadium in the Premier League, at
48,707 capacity; all seated.

View attachment 135038

Nice to see you doing a story. Good luck with the black cats

A Brendn story is always quality so I'll be following.

Mind you 'Wide Backs' did make me chuckle

Super excited about this, loved your Liverpool story and will definitely enjoy this one! I really like taking smaller teams in the Premier League and trying to take them to the top :D currently managing Watford and finished 6th in my first season!

Super excited about this, loved your Liverpool story and will definitely enjoy this one! I really like taking smaller teams in the Premier League and trying to take them to the top :D currently managing Watford and finished 6th in my first season!

Cheers mate. Decided to do something outside of my regular saves. I've always had a soft spot for Sunderland and think they could be a great side if managed well and given decent guidance.

View attachment 134524

View attachment 134523

Quite a decent draw. I think we can get a good result here against a decent performing Sunderland side.
They've been doing well in the league, beating United in their opening game and...... wait, wrong save.

View attachment 134522
View attachment 134521

The Capital One Cup takes me to Anfield. Quite apropos given my Liverpool save :p Honestly
delighted to go to Anfield. Of all the top 3rd round sides I could go up against, I know Liverpool
very well so If I can keep their front men quiet, we have a change at getting behind them and
sneaking a win.

United starting very poor!

3 losses 1 win.

You're doing well so far

View attachment 134147

View attachment 134146

View attachment 134145
View attachment 134144
To be honest, I was expecting to loose this game. Away at Spurs is a
difficult place to go and get a result.

View attachment 134143

View attachment 134140View attachment 134141
View attachment 134139
Amazing win. Huge result that keeps us moving forward int he cup. Hard season
always need a good cup run to keep you fighting for something.

View attachment 134138
View attachment 134137
We deserved far more from this game. Palace were lucky with their chances while
we couldn't convert ours. Disappointed at the scoreline but I'm not concerned about
the result.

View attachment 134136View attachment 134135

United starting very poor!

3 losses 1 win.

You're doing well so far

Aye, It's been a slow start for a lot of big teams. City, United and Chelsea all tinkering around mid table. Should be an interesting season.

Haven't logged in for a while but had to when I seen a Sunderland story on the go! Great start in the league and cup. Anything other than a last dash miracle survival will be an improvement on our last few seasons. Would love to see you sign Yann M'Vila on a permanent deal at the end of his loan spell, think the agreed fee is around £8,000,000. Ellis Short is a tightarse on the game though, so you may not get the best of transfer budgets!

From my experience Borini can be frighteningly good up front as an advanced forward on the game. How are you lining the team up in terms of tactics? Is it one approach for all games or different set ups for different situations?

Keep up the great work!