Haven't logged in for a while but had to when I seen a Sunderland story on the go! Great start in the league and cup. Anything other than a last dash miracle survival will be an improvement on our last few seasons. Would love to see you sign Yann M'Vila on a permanent deal at the end of his loan spell, think the agreed fee is around £8,000,000. Ellis Short is a tightarse on the game though, so you may not get the best of transfer budgets!

From my experience Borini can be frighteningly good up front as an advanced forward on the game. How are you lining the team up in terms of tactics? Is it one approach for all games or different set ups for different situations?

Keep up the great work!

Aye, I'm going to have to sign M'Vilia on a permanent deal. The man is simply immense in midfield. I can see himself and Rodwell being a strong partnership in midfield with Cattermole playing a holding midfield role.

I've never been much of a spender anyway, I tend to try raid the transfer market and pick up quality players on the transfer lists so I think I may be okay :)

Unfortunately for Borini, I'm a Liverpool fan so I've been using him in FM since FM13. I know his strengths and consistency is certainly not one of them. He's a decent forward but with Defoe up front and Fletcher coming back from his loan next year, I'm not sure I'll find a place for him. I'm also trying to arrange a deal to sign Shane Long since I think he's be a great addition to the team so I can't see Borini keeping a place in the squad.

as for the tactically approach, still trying to suss out if a deep line or a normal defensive line is best. Ye've solid defenders but nothign special. I can't wait for Vergini to come back from his loan since he's got everything you want in a CB; Tall, good with the ball at his feet and he's strong and composed.

Pickford got the nod in goal since Mannone had a dreadful preseason and Harper is only a back up in my eyes.
I'm playing around with a 4-4-2 for home games and a 4-5-1 (DM) for away games. I've always been a tactic for each game sort of guy anyway where I subtly tweak to compensate for each teams strengths and weakness. Like, You'd set up a team to play Arsenal in one way, and in a completely different way to play Stoke.

Haven't been around here for quite some time, decided to have a look at who was doing what kind of stories and then I saw your name... Needless to say I had to check it out. You've made a pretty good start to the season, really like that you chose Sunderland as well will definitely be keeping an eye out for future updates!

Haven't been around here for quite some time, decided to have a look at who was doing what kind of stories and then I saw your name... Needless to say I had to check it out. You've made a pretty good start to the season, really like that you chose Sunderland as well will definitely be keeping an eye out for future updates!

Cheers mate. High praise indeed :) I'm not used to doing saves with the relegation battling sides so I decided to do something different. And as always, writing a story really help makes it more enjoyable since others can share in your journey.

Glad to finally see a Sunderland season as not many people do one with my hometown team. Good luck