Chokopop

Self-diagnosed FM addict
Reaction score
This will most likely be my first and last story on FM13... Depends on how it goes.

9ed0.png

Paulo Di Canio sacked.

Paulo Di Canio has been sacked by Sunderland with immediate effect. Apparently it was because of a feud between Di Canio and chairman Ellis Short, regarding a contract extension.

The managerial candidates to take over at the Stadium of Light are;

Paul Jewell 10/1
Ståle Solbakken 10/5
Owen Coyle 50/1
Alan Shearer 100/1
Andreas Dähnert 200/1

Last edited:
Do u realise the odds for the last 4 managers are all the same?

Yeah, I just threw something together as I was rather distracted at that moment.

hb3m.png

Andreas Dähnert announced new Sunderland boss.

We are pleased to announce that Danish manager Andreas Dähnert has been announced as the new boss of Sunderland AFC. Dähnert will be given a provisional one-year deal, which will give us the opportunity to monitor his progress for the season.

Dähnert to meet the media.

Reporters from the Sunderland Echo, Daily Mail, Sky Sports and BBC Sport are gathered at the Stadium of Light to greet the new manager.

Sky Sports: First I'd like to congratulate you on your new job. How does it feel to be manager of Sunderland?
Dähnert: Thank you. It's a great opportunity. It's a great club, and I'm honored to be here.

Daily Mail: How do you plan on running the club? Will you do everything yourself, or will you have your backroom staff do a lot of work?
Dähnert: Well, obviously I can't do everything on my own. I'll delegate work after I've met with the staff and talked about everything with them.

BBC: Do you have any transfer targets in mind?
Dähnert: I haven't had time to put together a huge list as of yet, but there are certain targets I have in mind, yes.

Sunderland Echo: Do you have a clear idea regarding which players you want to keep and who you want to sell?
Dähnert: Not yet. I will talk to the squad, and over the course of the pre-season I will get a clear picture of who is capable, and who is deadwood.

Ellis Short: Thank you for coming. Mr. Dähnert has work to do. This concludes the press conference.

tuvm.png

Early transfer activity for Sunderland.

Andreas Dähnert hasn't wasted time. It's only been almost a week since his appointment and he's already busy in the transfer market with 2 coming in and 1 heading out.
Here are the players;

Ins:

Mark Schwarzer - Free
Mark-Schwarzer-Fulham-number-one_2404811.jpg

The former Middlesbrough and Fulham goalkeeper has signed for the Black Cats on a free transfer. It will be interesting to see how the Sunderland fans react to the transfer of Schwarzer, since he's played for rivals Middlesbrough for a long time. Schwarzer has signed a 1 year deal with the club, earning approximately £26.5k a week.

Steven Defour - £2.8m

Defour1.jpg

The Belgian signed for Sunderland after only one season in Porto for a bargain fee of £2.8m. It is believed that the fans are fairly impressed by Dähnerts sense for business, as Defour was wanted by a number of clubs, even turning down the likes of Marseille and Atletico Madrid to play in the Stadium of Light next season. Defour has signed a 3 year deal, reportedly earning £36.5k a week at Sunderland.

Out:
Phil Bardsley £4.1m - Cardiff

Phil_Bardsley_sunderland.jpg

Phil Bardsley was deemed surplus requirements and offloaded for a fee reported to be £4.1m. Dähnert will surely be glad to get some money into the club, to be able to strengthen the team a lot more.

tuvm.png

Sunderland played two friendlies this week. And here on Sky Sports, we have all the results!
First friendly:
Carmarthen 0 - 3 Sunderland

John O'Shea (33), Connor Wickham (83), Stephane Sessegnon (86)

Mr. Dähnert had this to say about the match:

"It was a great first match in charge. Though it was only a friendly, the team showed promise. I hope the rest of our pre-season is going just as well."

Second Friendly:

Rhyl 3 - 3 Sunderland

Pete Knill (3), Grant Price (84), Dale Shaw (89) - Danny Graham (3, 53), Steven Defour (14)

Dähnert had this to say:

"It wasn't exactly a great game.The defence was sloppy, and Schwarzer didn't have the best game of his career. But the attack force showed great promise.

kpn3.png

There has been more transfer activity at Sunderland with two ins and two outs.
Ins:
André Santos - £3.7m

santos_2317675b.jpg

"André Santos has left Arsenal after only one season, to join Sunderland in a deal worth £3.7m. André Santos has signed a 3 year deal earning around £56k per week.
Marco Motta - £1.9m.

C_3_Media_1116267_immagine_l.jpg

"Marco Motta has joined Sunderland from Italian champions Juventus for a deal reported to be around £2m. Marco Motta is young, but experienced right back, who most certainly will go straight into Dähnerts first team plans. Motta has signed a 5 year deal earning £31k per week"
Out:
Keiren Westwood - Loan - Everton

283547-lsh.jpg

"Everton have signed Keiren Westwood on loan for the entire season. With the recent arrival of Vito Mannone, who arrived before Dähnert, and Mark Schwarzer, Westwood was deemed surplus requirements."
Ji Dong-Won - £3.5m - Fulham

Ji-Dong-won-007.jpg

"Talented South Korean striker Ji Dong-Won has left Sunderland to join Fulham in a £3.5m deal. Dähnert is really looking to turn things around at Sunderland with this surprise transfer. The fans however are not impressed."