Tracz

Reaction score
I started an unemployment career, i did cheat a little and give myself decent badges n alike so i could start at a decent level,
But anyway, i took over sunderland with 8games to go of the season, needing to win 4/5 to stand a good chance of staying up, i failed badly! I lost 6games and got relegated, ive got the last 2 games to play tonight hopefully,
But i need help in deciding how to go about next season, i have 3 options,
1) sell all big names/high earners and rebuild the club with a young 1st team squad, while most likely having to guarantee promotion,
2) keep the squad together (the best) and try to add 1/2 players,
3) run away from the club screaming, and look for a new job,
so those are the options, any help or advice is welcome,
Tips for recommended players to buy,
There have been no major transfers in or out of the club, except the young lad odegarrd is joining in the summer ( i arranged the transfer before i really thought about if im going to stay)
i obviously dont yet know my tb or wb for next season, hopefully it will be half decent.

Many thanks
Tracz

I'd do a mix of option 1 and 2 if I was in your position, it could turn into a very enjoyable save if you do things right mate. I doubt you're going to be able to keep your very best players (Adam Johnson etc) but the majority you'll be able to keep. However you might want to look at your finances and see if you're in a position to keep the bulk of your players because they will no doubt be on higher wages than the rest of the Championship squads, so that might be an issue. As for the youth aspect you'll be able to promote some of the better prospects to the first team if the likes of Johnson leave.

Trim the squad of its highest earners that can be easily replaced, as the guy above said, Adam Johnson would be a good place to start.. You could probably buy 2/3 players with the cash that his sale will free up. Definitely stick to it though, it's a good challenge and to have Odegaard coming in the summer you're in a good position to smash the championship

Im gona stick with them, i havent manahed to play the games to finish the season yet (hopefully tomorrow morning)
Im going to sell the high earners and replace with younger cheaper players,
I want to hopefully add dele alli to be the midfield master,
Want to build a mainly english youth, with a light sprinkling of foreign imports,
Any suggestions?

Being 6/7 seasons into a Sunderland save, albeit the complete opposite situation I have a good understanding of the players.

If I were you I would get rid of the following:- Johnson, Giacirinni, Fletch, Altidore, Pantilimon, Wickham (if signed new contract).

That should be a good 200-250k in wages you could free up. I'm guessing your going to need to look at a couple of new centre backs with O'Shea and Brown in their last seasons.

As for players who are willing to join in the Championship I am unsure. Liam Moore from Leicester and Keane from Man United could be a good start for centre back pairing.

Being 6/7 seasons into a Sunderland save, albeit the complete opposite situation I have a good understanding of the players.

If I were you I would get rid of the following:- Johnson, Giacirinni, Fletch, Altidore, Pantilimon, Wickham (if signed new contract).

That should be a good 200-250k in wages you could free up. I'm guessing your going to need to look at a couple of new centre backs with O'Shea and Brown in their last seasons.

As for players who are willing to join in the Championship I am unsure. Liam Moore from Leicester and Keane from Man United could be a good start for centre back pairing.

Cheers for the advice pal, do you think odegarrd would be ready for regular 1st team football?
Im thinking of playing a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1(which ever you prefer to call it)

I would have to agree to dump the high earners, but see if you can get some good young prospects in on loan to bolster your squad? Jordan Ibe from Liverpool may be available on loan depending upon their previous signings and he is a natural replacement for Johnson.
There are plenty of up and coming youngsters at the big Prem teams that could spring you back up.

Well i finished the season, picking up 1point out of the 8games i was in charge for.
I managed to sell a few of the high earners but then had a crash dump!!!! So i gave up for the night, hopefully when i go back i wont have lost to much,

Ive been offered £350k for john oshea, he is valued at £700k, would you guys recommend selling? Its to that chinese club drogba played for.